Summer 2022 DukeCard update: At this time, the Partner DukeCard program is still suspended. Students are not able to sponsor DukeCards for their legally married spouses. On the DukeCard website, there is an option for sponsored guests, but note this only applies to contractors, visiting scholars, or other individuals who are working directly with a Duke or Fuqua office or department. Duke or Fuqua departments cannot sponsor spouse DukeCards for students. However, even though students cannot sponsor an official DukeCard for their partner, they can support them in purchasing a Duke recreation account. Details are available on the Duke Recreation site.
At this time, only legally married spouses are eligible for DukeCards. If your partner meets that criteria, you can request a DukeCard for your partner via the process outlined below:
- Visit the DukeCard website: https://dukecard.duke.edu/
- Click “Get your DukeCard” on the top menu bar (please note - though a menu of other pages will appear when you hover over "Get your DukeCard", you should just click directly on "Get your DukeCard" to pull up the next page)
- On the next page, under “How to Get Your DukeCard”, expand the menu for “Sponsored Guests” and click the link to follow to the “OIT Sponsored Accounts Page”
- Follow the steps to sponsor a guest account for your spouse
- Once the request is complete, your spouse will receive an email to add some information to the request
- You both will receive confirmation when the account is active
- At the end of this process, your spouse will receive a Duke Unique ID. Once they have an active Unique ID, he/she can come to the DukeCard Office to get a DukeCard printed.
Card pricing is available on the DukeCard website.
With a DukeCard, partners will have access to library services at Fuqua (and across Duke) and the ability to purchase a Duke gym membership. Details on gym memberships can be found here.
If you have any questions about getting a DukeCard for your partner, please contact the DukeCard office directly at email@example.com.
- From the FuquaWorld home page, click Student Life from the top menu.
- In the grey box with information about FuquaConnect, click the link that says Invite your partner to FuquaConnect.
- On the next page, click Sponsor a Partner and follow the steps. This will initiate a few emails to your partner with instructions for setting up OneLink, which will create login credentials for your partner that can be used to login to FuquaConnect.
- Once your partner has access to FuquaConnect, they will be able to join clubs and browse events. However, they should play close attention to the specific event details, as many events on FuquaConnect may not be open to Fuqua partners.
There are a number of resources that we recommend to partners looking to volunteer or serve the Durham community:</p?
- Duke Office of Durham & Regional Affairs: Connecting Duke to the local community! One-time and ongoing volunteer opportunities are posted here.
- The Triangle Nonprofit & Volunteer Leadership Center: Aggregates many one-time and ongoing volunteer opportunities across the Triangle.
- Duke University Hopsital: There are more than 30 volunteer programs through Duke University Hopsital with a wide variety of opportunities from working with cancer patients, to art therapy, to comforting patients, to assisting with educational programs and more!