COVID-19 Event Guidelines
Last Updated: 3/10/22
BLUF: While we are moving to an environment with little to no restrictions on student events, as event hosts, we ask you continue to consider the safety and comfort of all potential event guests when designing your event. Here are some guidelines to consider as you plan:
- Events (of any type/size) DO NOT require approval, but we are more than happy to connect with you to discuss your plans if you have questions or want advice.
- As of 3/7/22, Duke has lifted the campus mask mandate (with the exception of in-person classes, Duke vans/buses, and clinical/patient areas) so all extracurricular events are now “mask optional”. There are many reasons why someone may continue to wear a mask, so be thoughtful in your communications so that everyone, regardless of their masking preferences or needs, will feel comfortable and welcome attending your event.
- Given Duke is suspending the asymptomatic surveillance testing program beginning the week of March 21, we are not requiring or recommending PCR testing before OR after events.
- Guest guidelines:
- For all events (on and off-campus), guests who are eligible to be vaccinated are expected to be fully vaccinated (to include the booster, if they are within their window of eligibility per CDC guidelines). As the event host, you can request to see a copy of a guest’s vaccination card before giving a wristband and/or at the door before letting them into your event, but this is not required. You should not request to see the copy of their vaccination card over email/online for HIPAA reasons.
- Children under the age of 5 are not eligible to be vaccinated, but may still attend events at Fuqua like Fuqua Friday, if the event hosts are comfortable with this.
- Similar for students, requiring proof a negative positive PCR test is no longer recommended or required.
- Guests are also expected to follow any applicable Duke guidelines and restrictions in place at the time of the event they are attending.
- With the weather continuing to warm up into Spring 2, please continue to prioritize the use of outdoor spaces whenever possible, weather permitting. If outdoor isn’t possible, look for a large, oversized space where attendees can more easily spread out.
Ready to plan your event? In this section of the Fuqua411, you’ll find all the information and resources you need to host a successful event!
In this section, you will find resources and policies related to every major step of planning an event — from reserving space to ordering Fuqua-branded swag.
|Page||Visit to find information on:|
|Logistics & Planning||Event planning best practices, reserving space, copying and printing items, recommended vendors, guest parking and hotel accommodations, shipping event items to Fuqua and more.|
|Catering||Fuqua's catering and alcohol policies.|
|Securing Speakers||Inviting speakers to your events.|
|Promoting your Event||Using the Duke or Fuqua logos on items, creating club banners, and marketing your event to internal and external audiences.|
|Swag & Gifts||Purchasing speaker or guest gifts, ordering Fuqua-branded swag for your club, and requesting Coach K signed basketballs.|