Club Website Resources
All professional and diversity clubs MUST have an external-facing website separate from their FuquaConnect page. This website should contain pertinent information for each potential audience – prospective/admitted students, alumni, donors, conference attendees, etc. Activities clubs are welcome to create an external-facing website, but are not required. However, they are required to maintain up-to-date club details and contact information on their FuquaConnect profile and respond to email inquiries in a timely manner.
Sites@Duke is the recommended platform for club websites. Sites@Duke is supported by Duke’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) and allows any member of the Duke community to make free, WordPress-based websites.
To help you create and manage your club’s external website, the MBAA, OSL, Admissions and CMC teams partnered together to create the two resources below:
- Best Practices for Club Websites: This document outlines:
- The pages/content you are required to have on your club website
- The pages/content we recommend you have on your website (as applicable to your club)
- Our tips for handling outreach/communications and when/how often you should update your club website
- A few example websites from within the Fuqua community and at our peer/competitor schools you can use for inspiration
2. Sites@Duke Help Guide: Sites@Duke is supported by Duke OIT, so you’ll find there are LOTS of support resources available to help you build and manage your site. In this document, we point you to the most helpful resources for new users. You’ll find information on changing the theme/appearance of your site, adding new administrators, and creating pages or other content (and much more!).