You may have your personal faxes sent from the BMO at the following rates:
|Cover Sheet & First Page||Each Additional Page|
|Domestic||No Charge||No Charge|
|All Other Countries||$4.00||$2.50|
Duke’s lactation rooms are managed through Duke HR. To request access to Fuqua's lactation room, visit https://hr.duke.edu/benefits/family-friendly. Select "Newborn/Prenatal Care", then "Lactation Rooms", then follow the steps to request access. Most lactation rooms on campus are equipped with a Medela Lactina electric pump. You will need to bring your own attachments for the Lactina pump. Refrigeration/storage is not provided in the rooms, so be prepared to store your breast milk as needed.
Upon accessing the room, slide the sign to IN USE to alert other users that someone is using the room. Slide the sign back to VACANT when you leave the room unoccupied. Please respect the privacy of all Lactation Room users by knocking before keying in your card access to the rooms. Do not prop open the door at any time.
The Fuqua School of Business Lactation Room is located in Keller Center East, Room E142. For the location of other lactation rooms on campus please follow this link.
- The club or student group (e.g. "General Management Club", "Class of 2020 Section 4") is clearly labeled on the shipping label so the BMO knows where to route the package.
- Alert the BMO (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you will be expecting packages. This will also help ensure those packages get routed to the appropriate people.
- U.S. Mail: Stamps may be purchased in the BMO for personal mail. We ask that no more than 10 stamps at a time be purchased. Outgoing mail with the correct postage (already stamped), should be placed in the "U.S. Mail" slot.
- Campus Mail: Campus Mail is mail going to other areas of the University (not Fuqua).
- Building Mail: Mail going to other Fuqua Campus locations should be placed in the "Building Mail" slot.
Due to parking conditions surrounding athletic events on campus at Duke, it has become necessary to reserve the Fuqua gated parking lot, the preferred lot for student and other tailgating events. Reservation requests should be sent to email@example.com. Fuqua Community parking needs will be reviewed, and approval will be made if enough space is available within the lot to accommodate the tailgate event. Please note that reserving space is not exclusive, and those with Fuqua lot permits will still be provided access.
BLUF: Teams have priority to use team rooms over individuals unless the individual has an interview (subject to rules below). There will be occasions when team rooms are reserved for CMC or academic activities, which have the highest priority. October and January are heavy campus interview times and it’s likely a CMC team room would not be available during business hours.Reservations (CMC/Academic) > Teams = Individual Interviewee > Individual Studying
- If a student has a phone or Skype interview, they should first check if they can reserve a CMC interview room at the desired time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the more advance notice you provide the more likely it is that you will be able to reserve a room. If your interview is after 6pm you do not need to reserve a room. Students are also encouraged to check to see if the phone booths located at the bottom of the semi-circular stairs in the Fox Center are available. The phone booths are first come, first served and cannot be reserved
- If neither phone booth is available and a CMC room cannot be reserved, the student can use a team room as an individual for the purpose of the phone or Skype interview. Use of the team room for an interview will have equal priority to a team or group of students. The individual student with the interview will only have priority for the duration of the interview, with a maximum allowance of 45 minutes. The student with the interview must indicate with a sign on the outside of the team room that they are interviewing.
- NOTE: This is an experiment and relies heavily on your collective integrity to first try to use CMC rooms and if those rooms are unavailable, to only claim use of a team room for interviews when you are truly interviewing. This is a privilege we are creating in order to recognize the need for a quiet place to interview. Any dishonest representation in order to use a team room as an individual may be recognized as an honor code violation.
- Team rooms may be occupied by Fuqua students only on a first-come, first-served basis, and A GROUP ALWAYS HAS PRIORITY over a single student unless the student is interviewing (see above).
- At least one member of a team must remain in the room at all times to hold a room. If other members of the team fail to return in a reasonable amount of time (15 minutes), the single occupant must offer to give the room up to a team waiting to use the space.
- Leaving study materials spread on the table when no team members remain in the room WILL NOT HOLD THE SPACE
TEMPORARY PARKING DUE TO A MEDICAL NEED
Students may request accessible parking for a qualified medical condition lasting less than three months as follows: Provide a note from a health care provider on letterhead, explaining the nature of and duration of your disability to the Parking Office. You can email it to email@example.com, or you can visit their office on the ground level of the Science Drive Garage at 302 Science Drive. They will email you a temporary permit that you can print out. Note: If you do not already own a campus permit, you will need to purchase one. To do so, fill out the Employee/Student/Affiliate Parking Permit Application to authorize payment, and email it with your providers note.