What has your involvement with DEID looked like?
During my first semester as a part of DEID, I have explored and ultimately committed to spending my summer of 2024 in Kaihura, Uganda, where I will be completing the construction of a secondary school. In this process, I’ve gained a deep understanding of the project’s technical aspects and familiarized myself with the cultural expectations associated with our travel.

Why are you a part of DEID?
DEID is an organization that encourages the practical exploration of our academic field, coupled with a significant focus on community outreach. Contributing to the provision of education for the children of Uganda would be a meaningful achievement for me.

What you are most excited for about your project or DEID?
I am very excited to work amongst a group of students who share a common passion for engineering and giving back to an underserved community. I am also greatly interested in the construction itself, especially as few of us have experience in such a working environment.

Fun Fact
My parents entrust my thirteen year old sister and I to always plan the itinerary of our family vacations by giving us nothing besides a destination and a budget.

Fundraising Goal

$200

Help Me Reach My Fundraising Goal Here!