Get involved with DEID!
DEID is subject to Duke’s travel regulations. Duke-supported summer travel is suspended for 2021, so we do not foresee any travel this year.
During the summer, each travel team typically travels to their community partner to implement design solutions. To get involved for future travel:
- come to the weekly travel team meetings, and
- apply to travel! Applications are done either through DukeEngage or a third partner site (specific to each team).
Participate in our bi-/weekly travel team project meetings!
Our project teams typically meet weekly or biweekly throughout the academic year. Get involved and commit however much you want! Involvement in our project teams does not require summer travel, and vice versa.
At these meetings, we discuss:
- design solutions,
- cultural and inequity awareness,
- grant + funding applications, and more.
For the 2020-2021 academic year, our project team meeting times and locations are:
- Pedestrian Bridge Project (Bolivia):
- Water Sanitation Project (Indonesia):
- Vehicular Bridge Project (West Virginia):
General Body Meetings and Events (GBMs)
Join our club-wide meetings and events!
In addition to project team meetings, we also host club-wide general body meetings and events. GBMs typically occur twice a month, with topics ranging from technical workshops, to speaker panels, to global health discussions. Our social events are geared towards building community within the organization: come and have fun!
For alternate ways to get involved, please contact the club presidents at firstname.lastname@example.org.