Volume 2 (2018), Issue 1 # 1-8
These reviews may be found on the Research Africa Reviews website
RA Reviews’ Editorial Voice: RA Reviews’ Editorial Voice: The Book: Our Intellectual Companion
Muhammed Haron (Editor-in-Chief).
#1 Book: Medicine in the Meantime: The Work of Care in Mozambique
Author: Ramah McKay. Year: 2017.
Reviewed by: John Mwangi Githigaro, St. Paul’s University, Kenya.
#2 Book: The January Children.
Author: Safia Elhillo. Year: 2017.
Reviewed by: Afis Ayinde Oladosu, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
#3 Book: African Muckraking: 75 Years of Investigative Journalism from Africa
Editor: Anya Schiffrin et al. Year: 2017.
Reviewed by: Ibrahim N. Abusharif, Northwestern University in Qatar.
#4 Book: Muslims beyond the Arab World: The Odyssey of ʿAjamī and the Murīdiyya
Author: Fallou Ngom: Year: 2016.
Reviewed by: Ariela Marcus-Sells, Elon University, NC, USA.
#5 Book: Defying Dictatorship: Essays on Gambian Politics, 2012 – 2017
Author: Baba Galleli Jallow. Year: 2017.
Reviewed by: Wahab O. Egbewole, University of Ilorin, Nigeria.
#6 Book: الخطاب السياسي عند شباب الربيع العربي دراسة انثروبولوجية ميدانية لشباب مصر وتونس
المؤلفة: رشا سعيد صبحي أبوشقره. سنة النشر: 2018
Reviewed by: Khalil Mannon, Arab and African Research Center, Cairo, Egypt.
#7 Film: Children of the Mountain.
Priscilla Anany (Dir/ Writer), Ghana. Language: Twi. Year: 2016. 1 hour, 30 minutes.
Reviewed by: Samba Camara, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
#8 Film: Black Panther.
Ryan Coogler (Dir./Writer), Kevin Feige (Producer) and John Robert Cole (Writer). Language: English. Year: 2018. 134 mn.
Reviewed by: Aman Nadhiri, Johnson C. Smith University, NC, USA.
Editor-In-Chief & Associate Editors
• Muhammed Haron, Professor of Religious Studies, Department of Theology & Religious Studies, University of Botswana, Executive Member, Centre for Contemporary Islam, University of Cape Town, & Associate Research in the Faculty of Theology at the University of Pretoria (firstname.lastname@example.org). (Editor-In-Chief);
• Wendy Wilson-Fall, Associate Professor and Chair, Africana Studies Program Oeschle Center for International Education, Lafayette College (email@example.com);
• Hassan Juma Ndzovu, PhD. Senior Lecturer of Religious Studies, Department of Religious Studies, Moi University, Kenya (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Yunus Dumbe, PhD. Religious Studies Department, College of Arts and Social Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Accra, Ghana, (email@example.com);
• Badr Abdelfattah Badr, PhD. Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Bamba Drame, Dar El Hadith El Hassaniya Institute, Rabat Morocco, (email@example.com);
• Mbaye Lo, Associate Professor of the Practice, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies, Duke
Copyright © 2018 by Research Africa, (firstname.lastname@example.org), all rights reserved. RA allows for copy and redistribution of the material in any medium or format, provided that full and accurate credit is given to the author, the date of publication, and the location of the review on the RA website. You may not distribute the modified material. RA reserves the right to withdraw permission for republication of individual reviews at any time and for any specific case. For any other proposed uses, contact RA’s Editor-in-Chief. The opinions represented in the reviews and published on the RA Reviews website are not necessarily those held by RA and its Review editorial team.