Volume 2, Issue 2– August, 2018
Volume 2 (2018), Issue 2 # 1-12
These reviews may be found on the Research Africa Reviews website
RA Reviews’ Editorial Voice: Africa’s Timbuktu’s Manuscripts – A Reminder about its Indispensable Depositories
Muhammed Haron (Editor-in-Chief), University of Botswana.
#1 Review: Postcolonial Education and Language in Africa
A Literature Review by: H. Ekkehard Wolff, Chair Emeritus, African linguistics, Leipzig University
#2 Review: Arabic Manuscript: The Hidden Treasure of Ilorin – Nigeria
A Literature Review by: Moshood Mahmood Jimba, Kwara State University, Ilorin, Nigeria.
#3 Book: The Palgrave Handbook of African Politics, Governance and Development.
Author: Oloruntoba, Samuel Ojo, Falola, Toyin (Eds), 2017
Reviewed by: Driss Bouyahya, Meknes Moulay Ismail University
#4 Book: Africa at the Crossroads: Theorising Fundamentalism in the 21st Century
Author: Artwell Nhemachena and Munyaradzi Mawere (editors). Year: 2017.
Reviewed by: Hassan Ndzovu, Moi University, Kenya.
#5 Book: Scoring Race: Jazz, Fiction and Francophone Africa
Author: Higginson, Pim. Year: 2017.
Reviewed by: Sarah Sharp, PhD, Independent Scholar
#6 Book: Monrovia Modern: Urban Form and Political Imagination in Liberia
Author: Danny Hoffman. Year: 2017.
Reviewed by: Karl E. Johnson, Ramapo College of New Jersey.
#7 Book: The National Council for Higher Education and the Growth of the University Sub-sector in Uganda, 2002 to 2012.
Author: Kasozi, A.B.K. Year: 2016.
Reviewed by: Joseph Kasule, MISR, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda.
#8 Book: BARRACOON: The Story of the Last Black Cargo
Author: Zora Neal Hurston. Year: 2018.
Reviewed by: Wendy Wilson-Fall, Africana Studies Program, Lafayette College.
#9 Book: Multilingualism and Intercultural Communication: A South African Perspective.
Author: Russell H. Kaschula, Pamela Maseko and H. Ekkehard Wolff (eds). Year: 2017.
Reviewed by: Aman Nadhiri, Johnson C. Smith University, NC.
#10 Book: Hadija’s Story: Diaspora, Gender, and Belonging in the Cameroon Grassfields
Author: Harmony O’Rourke. Year: 2017.
Reviewed by: Fulera Issaka-Toure, University of Bayreuth, Germany.
#11 Book: كتاب إرواء النديم
المؤلف: أحمد بمب. سنة النشر: ٢٠١٨
Reviewed by: Bamba Drame, Dar El Hadith El Hassaniya Institute, Rabat Morocco.
#12 Film: Mali Blues.
Lutz Gregor (Dir/ Writer), Mali and Germany. Languages: French & English Subtitles. Year: 2016. 90 minutes.
Reviewed by: Madina Thiam, University of California, Los Angeles.
Editor-In-Chief & Associate Editors
• Muhammed Haron, Professor of Religious Studies, Department of Theology & Religious Studies, University of Botswana, Executive Member, Centre for Contemporary Islam, University of Cape Town, & Associate Research in the Faculty of Theology at the University of Pretoria (email@example.com). (Editor-In-Chief);
• Wendy Wilson-Fall, Associate Professor and Chair, Africana Studies Program Oeschle Center for International Education, Lafayette College (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Hassan Juma Ndzovu, PhD. Senior Lecturer of Religious Studies, Department of Religious Studies, Moi University, Kenya (email@example.com);
• Yunus Dumbe, PhD. Religious Studies Department, College of Arts and Social Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Accra, Ghana, (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Badr Abdelfattah Badr, PhD. Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (email@example.com);
• Bamba Drame, Dar El Hadith El Hassaniya Institute, Rabat Morocco, (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Mbaye Lo, Associate Professor of the Practice, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies & International Comparative Studies, Duke
Copyright © 2018 by Research Africa, (email@example.com), all rights reserved. RA allows for copy and redistribution of the material in any medium or format, provided that full and accurate credit is given to the author, the date of publication, and the location of the review on the RA website. You may not distribute the modified material. RA reserves the right to withdraw permission for republication of individual reviews at any time and for any specific case. For any other proposed uses, contact RA’s Editor-in-Chief. The opinions represented in the reviews and published on the RA Reviews website are not necessarily those held by RA and its Review editorial team.