Volume 3, Issue 1– April, 2019
Volume 3 (2019), Issue 1 # 1-12
These reviews may be found on the Research Africa Reviews website
RA Reviews’ Editorial Voice: Africa Review: Thoughts about Intellectual Production
By Wendy Wilson-Fall, Chair, Africana Studies Program Oeschle Center for International Education, Lafayette College & RAR Associate Editor.
#1 Obituary: Rex Seán O’Fahey (1943-2019)
By Rüdiger Seesemann (University of Bayreuth, Germany)
#2 Book: Garbage Citizenship: Vital Infrastructures of Labor in Dakar, Senegal.
Author: Rosalind Fredericks. Year: 2018.
Reviewed by: Addamms Songe Mututa, University of Tübingen, Germany and University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa.
#3 Book: In Search of the Tuareg: the Veiled People of the Sahara.
Author: Gerbert van der Aa, 2018.
Reviewed by: Wendy Wilson-Fall, Lafayette College.
#4 Book: Shaykh Ahmadou Bamba: A Peacemaker for Our Time.
Author: Michelle R. Kimball. Year: 2018.
Reviewed by: Youssef J. Carter, Harvard University.
#5 Book: Dignity of Labour for African Leaders: The Formation of Education Policy in the British Colonial Office and the Achimota School on the Gold Coast.
Author: Shoko Yamada. Year: 2018.
Reviewed by: Yunus Dumbe, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana.
#6 Book: Islamic Education in Africa: Writing Boards and Blackboards.
Author: Robert G Launay. Year: 2016.
Reviewed by: Muhammed Haron, University of Botswana.
#7 Book: War, Women, and Power: From Violence to Mobilization in Rwanda and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Author: Marie, E. Berry. Year: 2018.
Reviewed by: Driss Bouyahya, Meknes Moulay Ismail University, Meknès, Morocco.
#8 Book: Genre et fondamentalismes/ Gender and Fundamentalisms.
Author: Fatou Sow (editor). Year: 2018.
Reviewed by: Annelien Bouland, Leiden University and Fulera Issaka-Toure, University of Bayreuth.
#9 Book: The Education of Children Entangled in Khat Trade in Ethiopia: The Case of Two Khat Market Centers.
Author: Negash, Girma. Year: 2017.
Reviewed by: Tilahun Sineshaw, Ramapo College of New Jersey.
#10 Book: Le Cheikh des deux rives : Actes du colloque international. Centenaire Cheikhna Saad Bouh.
Author: Ibrahima Thioub (editor), 2017.
Reviewed by: Bernard Salvaing, Université de Nantes, France.
الشيخ موسى كمر، الْفَصْلُ التَّاسِعُ مِنْ “أَكْثَرِ الرَّاغِبِينَ”: فِي مَحَبَّةِ رُؤَسَاءِ فَرَانْسَ لِـي، تحقيق: أحـمد الشكري وخديم امباكي، تقديم: أحـمد الشكري، معهد الدراسات الإفريقية، جامعة محمد
الخامس بالرباط، سلسلة نصوص ووثائق (13) ، 2016م، 66 ص.
Reviewed by: Ousmane S. Diaw, Independent Researcher, Senegal & Egypt.
حلمي شعراوي: سيرة مصرية أفريقية. المؤلف: حلمي شعراوي، عدد الصفحات: 605، القاهرة: دار العين ٢٠١٩
Reviewed by: Amani El Taweel, Associate Director, Al-Ahram Center for Political and Strategic Studies, Cairo.
Editor-In-Chief & Associate Editors
• Muhammed Haron, Professor of Religious Studies, Department of Theology & Religious Studies, University of Botswana, Executive Member, Centre for Contemporary Islam, University of Cape Town, & Associate Research in the Faculty of Theology at the University of Pretoria (firstname.lastname@example.org).(Editor-In-Chief);
• Wendy Wilson-Fall, Associate Professor and Chair, Africana Studies Program Oeschle Center for International Education, Lafayette College (email@example.com);
• Hassan Juma Ndzovu, PhD. Senior Lecturer of Religious Studies, Department of Religious Studies, Moi University, Kenya (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Yunus Dumbe, PhD. Religious Studies Department, College of Arts and Social Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Accra, Ghana, (email@example.com);
• Badr Abdelfattah Badr, PhD. Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Bamba Drame, Dar El Hadith El Hassaniya Institute, Rabat Morocco, (email@example.com);
• Mbaye Lo, Associate Professor of the Practice, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies & International Comparative Studies, Duke University; (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Copyright © 2019 by Research Africa, (email@example.com), all rights reserved. RA allows for copy and redistribution of the material in any medium or format, provided that full and accurate credit is given to the author, the date of publication, and the location of the review on the RA website. You may not distribute the modified material. RA reserves the right to withdraw permission for republication of individual reviews at any time and for any specific case. For any other proposed uses, contact RA’s Editor-in-Chief. The opinions represented in the reviews and published on the RA Reviews website are not necessarily those held by RA and its Review editorial team.