Volume 2, Issue 3– December, 2018
Volume 2 (2018), Issue 3 # 1-13
These reviews may be found on the Research Africa Reviews website
RA Reviews’ Editorial Voice: Africa’s Academic Publishing Industry – Quo Vadis?
Muhammed Haron (Editor-in-Chief).
#1 Review Essay: From Policy to Practice: University Accreditation and National Development in Nigeria.
A Review Essay by: Bukola Adeyemi Oyeniyi, Missouri State University.
#2 Book: Africanization and Americanization Anthology: Africa Vs North America : Searching for Inter-racial, Interstitial, Inter-sectional, and Interstates.
Author: Tendai Rinos Mwanaka (Editor). Year: 2018.
Reviewed by Harriet Lewis, University of Phoenix & Principal Consultant, Konesens Development.
#3 Book: Institutions and Democracy in Africa: How the Rules of the Game Shape Political Developments.
Author: Cheeseman, Nic (Ed.), 2018.
Reviewed by: Addis Gedefaw Birhanu, Emlyon Business School, France.
#4 Book: Africa in Stereo: Modernism, Music, and Pan-African Solidarity
Author: Tsitsi Ella Jaji. Year: 2014.
Reviewed by: Korka Sall, University of Massachusetts Amherst.
#5 Book: Community-Oriented Education for Health Professionals: A Cultural Analysis Approach to Curriculum Planning.
Author: Francis Sarr. Year: 2018.
Reviewed by: Badr Abdelfattah Abdelkafy Badr, Ain Shams University, Cairo.
#6 Book: Electricity in Africa: The Politics of Transformation in Uganda.
Author: Christopher D Gore. Year: 2017.
Reviewed by: Joseph Kasule, MISR, Makerere University, Kampala.
#7 Book: Doomed Interventions: The Failure of Global Responses to Aids in Africa.
Author: Kim Yi Dionne. Year: 2017.
Reviewed by: Bourouayah Mohamed, former vice-rector of Emir Abdelkader University, Algeria.
#8 Book: Double Negative: The Black Image and Popular Culture.
Author: Racquel J. Gates. Year: 2018.
Reviewed by: Aman Nadhiri, Johnson C. Smith University, North Carolina.
#9 Book: Slave Owners of West Africa: Decision Making in the Age of Abolition.
Author: Sandra E. Greene (eds). Year: 2017.
Reviewed by: Karl E. Johnson, Ramapo College of New Jersey.
#10 Book: Al-Thaqāfah wa-l-muthaqqafūn fī Afrīqiyah, (Culture and the Cultured People in Africa).
Author: Helmi Sharawy, 2016
Review by: Amidu Sanni, Vice-Rector, Fountain University, Osogbo, Nigeria.
#11 Book: The Arts and the Crafts of Literacy. Islamic Manuscript Cultures in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Author: Andrea Brigaglia and Mauro Nobili (Editors). Year: 2017.
Reviewed by: Paul E. Lovejoy, Canada Research Chair, York University.
السلوك التصويتي للدول الأفريقية في الأمم المتحدة .تجاه المسألة العراقية
المؤلف: محمد فاضل نعمة. سنة ومكان النشر: القاهرة، ٢٠١٨
Reviewed by: Farida Bendary, The Iraqi-African Center for Strategic Studies & Cairo University
#13 Book: احْتِجَاجَاتٌ مُؤَسْلَمَةٌ: السِّنِغَالُ بَيْنَ دِبْلُومَاسِيَّةِ النُّفُوذِ وَالْإِسْلَام السِّيَاسِــيِّ
المؤلف: بَكَرِي سامبْ. مَنْشُورَاتُ أَفْرِيَكَانَا، ﭬُـودْرُوسْ-دُورِيُونْ (كَنَدَا)، 2018م، 238 ص. تعريب: عثمان جاو
Reviewed by: Khadim Ndiaye/ translated by Ousmane Daiw, Senegal & Al-Azhar University, Cairo.
Editor-In-Chief & Associate Editors
• Muhammed Haron, Professor of Religious Studies, Department of Theology & Religious Studies, University of Botswana, Executive Member, Centre for Contemporary Islam, University of Cape Town, & Associate Research in the Faculty of Theology at the University of Pretoria (firstname.lastname@example.org). (Editor-In-Chief);
• Wendy Wilson-Fall, Associate Professor and Chair, Africana Studies Program Oeschle Center for International Education, Lafayette College (email@example.com);
• Hassan Juma Ndzovu, PhD. Senior Lecturer of Religious Studies, Department of Religious Studies, Moi University, Kenya (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Yunus Dumbe, PhD. Religious Studies Department, College of Arts and Social Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Accra, Ghana, (email@example.com);
• Badr Abdelfattah Badr, PhD. Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Bamba Drame, Dar El Hadith El Hassaniya Institute, Rabat Morocco, (email@example.com);
• Mbaye Lo, Associate Professor of the Practice, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies, Duke
Copyright © 2018 by Research Africa, (firstname.lastname@example.org), all rights reserved. RA allows for copy and redistribution of the material in any medium or format, provided that full and accurate credit is given to the author, the date of publication, and the location of the review on the RA website. You may not distribute the modified material. RA reserves the right to withdraw permission for republication of individual reviews at any time and for any specific case. For any other proposed uses, contact RA’s Editor-in-Chief. The opinions represented in the reviews and published on the RA Reviews website are not necessarily those held by RA and its Review editorial team.