Volume 3 (2019), Issue 2 # 1-11
These reviews may be found on the Research Africa Reviews website
RA Reviews’ Editorial Voice: Reflection on Book Fairs
#1 Literature Review: Dr. Hoosain M. Kotwal’s ‘a Legacy not to be forgotten.’
Review Essay by: Professor Muhammed Haron, University of Botswana/ University of Stellenbosch.
#2 Literature Review: Writing and Righting the African Renaissance.
Reviewed Essay by: Mbaye Lo, Duke University.
#3 Book: The Boko Haram Reader: From Nigerian Preachers to the Islamic State.
Author: Abdulbasit Kassim and Michael Nwankpa (editors). Year: 2018.
Reviewed by: Amidu Sanni, Fountain University, Osogbo, Nigeria.
#4 Book: Connecting South-South Communities: The Narrative of South African-Malaysian Relations.
Author: Muhammed Haron. Year: 2018
Reviewed by: Driss Bouyahya, Meknes Moulay Ismail University, Meknès, Morocco.
#5 Book: The Fixer: Visa Lottery Chronicles.
Author: Charles Piot and Kodjo Nicolas Batema. Year: 2018.
Reviewed by: Aman Nadhiri, Johnson C. Smith University.
#6 Book: Written Under the Skin: Blood and Intergenerational Memory in South Africa.
Author: Carli Coetzee. Year: 2019.
Reviewed by: Sheldon G. Weeks, professor emeritus, University of Botswana.
#7 Book: It is a Long Way to the Top: Increasing Women’s Leadership in Ugandan Public Universities.
Author: Mulyampiti, Tabitha, Roberts Muriisa, and Catherine Kanabahita. Year: 2018.
Reviewed by: Danson Sylvester Kahyana, Makerere University.
#8 Book: Christianity and Catastrophe in South Sudan: Civil War, Migration, and the Rise of Dinka Anglicanism.
Author: Jesse A. Zink. Year: 2018.
Reviewed by: John Mwangi Githigaro, St. Paul’s University, Kenya.
#9 Film: ATLANTIQUE.
Director: Mati Diop. Year: 2019.
Reviewed by: Bouna Semou Ndiaye, Independent Producer & Host of Bonjour Africa on WNCU 90.7FM, and WRTU, San Juan, Porto Rico.
#10 Film: Sheikh Jackson.
Director: Amr Salama , 2016.
Review by: Korka Sall, University of Massachusetts Amherst.
كتاب: رحلتي إلى الشيخ أحمد بمب طول الله عمره. المؤلف: مامور امباكي حمدي، مطبعة المعارف الجديدة / الرباط – 2019.
Reviewed by: Bamba Drame, Dar El Hadith El Hassaniyya Institute, Rabat Morocco.
Editor-In-Chief & Associate Editors:
• Muhammed Haron, Professor of Religious Studies, Department of Theology & Religious Studies, University of Botswana, Executive Member, Centre for Contemporary Islam, University of Cape Town, & Associate Research in the Faculty of Theology at the University of Stellenbosch (email@example.com).(Editor-In-Chief);
• Wendy Wilson-Fall, Associate Professor and Chair, Africana Studies Program Oeschle Center for International Education, Lafayette College (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Hassan Juma Ndzovu, PhD. Senior Lecturer of Religious Studies, Department of Religious Studies, Moi University, Kenya (email@example.com);
• Yunus Dumbe, PhD. Religious Studies Department, College of Arts and Social Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Accra, Ghana, (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Badr Abdelfattah Badr, PhD. Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (email@example.com);
• Bamba Drame, Dar El Hadith El Hassaniyya Institute, Rabat, Morocco, (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Mbaye Lo, Associate Professor of the Practice, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies & International Comparative Studies, Duke University; (email@example.com).
Copyright © 2019 by Research Africa, (firstname.lastname@example.org), all rights reserved. RA allows for copy and redistribution of the material in any medium or format, provided that full and accurate credit is given to the author, the date of publication, and the location of the review on the RA website. You may not distribute the modified material. RA reserves the right to withdraw permission for republication of individual reviews at any time and for any specific case. For any other proposed uses, contact RA’s Editor-in-Chief. The opinions represented in the reviews and published on the RA Reviews website are not necessarily those held by RA and its Review editorial team.