Volume 4 (2020), Issue 3 # 1-10
These reviews may be found on the Research Africa Reviews website
RA Reviews’ Editorial Voice:
Afropessimism and Afropolitanism Revisited
By Wendy Wilson-Fall, RAR Associate Editor, Associate Professor and Chair, Africana Studies Program Oeschle Center for International Education Lafayette College.
#1 Literature Review: COVID-19 and Africa.
Review by: Carl Mhina, MPH/ MD, Duke University Department of Population Health Sciences and John Bartlett, MD, Duke Medicine and Global Health Institute & Co-Director, The Center for AIDS Research.
#2 Book: Conspicuous Consumption in Africa.
Author: Deborah Posel & Ilana Van Wyk (Eds). Year: 2019.
Reviewed by: Alinah K. Segobye, Dean of Faculty of Human Sciences, Namibia University of Science and Technology, Namibia.
#3 Book: African Personhood and Applied Ethics.
Author: Motsamai Molefe. Year: 2020.
Reviewed by: Joseph Balatedi Radinkudikae Gaie, Associate Professor, University of Botswana, Botswana.
#4 Book: A Slave Between Empires: A Transimperial History of North Africa.
Author: M’hamed Oualdi. Year: 2020.
Reviewed by: Martin A. Klein, Professor emeritus, Department of History, University of Toronto, Canada.
#5 Book: African Visionaries.
Author: Agnes Ofosu Vandyck Molly Nyagura & Rosemary Brooks (Editors). Year: 2019.
Reviewed by: Yunus Dumbe, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana.
#6 Book: The Integrated East African Financial System: Is it Feasible? The Policy Version.
Author: Paul Mugerwa. Year: 2020.
Reviewed by: Bourouayah Mohamed, Former Vice-Rector of Emir Abdelkader University, Constantine, Algeria.
#7 Book: To Be or Not to Be – Sudan at Crossroads: A Pan-African Perspective.
Author: M. Jalāl Hāshim. Year: 2019.
Reviewed by: Mahmoud Abdelrahaman Elsheikh, Professor of Modern African History, International University of Africa, Khartoum, Sudan.
#8 Documentary Film: America Street, Director: Idrissou Mora-Kpai, USA | 2019 | 74 min| English.
The Syncopation of Idrissou Mora-Kpaia’s America Street
Review Essay by: R.A. Judy, Professor of Critical and Cultural Studies, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
#9 Research report:
Atlas et archives de la vallée du Fleuve Sénégal (Sénégal/ Mauritanie)..
Report by: Jean Schmitz et Cédric Jourde, Institut des mondes africains – IMAF | EHESS, France.
عرض كتاب :مصر وإفريقيا: قضايا وتفاعلات
Egypt and Africa: Issues and Interactions.
Author: Amani El Taweel (Editor). Year: 2020.
Reviewed by: Basma Sa’d, Al-Ahram Center for Political and Strategic Studies, Egypt.
Editor-In-Chief & Associate Editors:
• Muhammed Haron, Professor of Religious Studies, University of Botswana/University of Stellenbosch (firstname.lastname@example.org).(Editor-In-Chief);
• Wendy Wilson-Fall, Associate Professor and Chair, Africana Studies Program Oeschle Center for International Education, Lafayette College (email@example.com);
• Hassan Juma Ndzovu, PhD. Senior Lecturer of Religious Studies, Department of Religious Studies, Moi University, Kenya (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Yunus Dumbe, PhD. Religious Studies Department, College of Arts and Social Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Accra, Ghana, (email@example.com);
• Badr Abdelfattah Badr, PhD. Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Bamba Drame, Dar El Hadith El Hassaniyya Institute, Rabat, Morocco, (email@example.com);
• Mbaye Lo, Associate Professor of the Practice, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies & International Comparative Studies, Duke University; (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Copyright © 2020 by Research Africa, (email@example.com), all rights reserved. RA allows for copy and redistribution of the material in any medium or format, provided that full and accurate credit is given to the author, the date of publication, and the location of the review on the RA website. You may not distribute the modified material. RA reserves the right to withdraw permission for republication of individual reviews at any time and for any specific case. For any other proposed uses, contact RA’s Editor-in-Chief. The opinions represented in the reviews and published on the RA Reviews website are not necessarily those held by RA and its Review editorial team.