Volume 5, Issue 1– April, 2021
Volume 5 (2021), Issue 1 # 1-5
These reviews may be found on the RA Reviews website at:
RA Reviews’ Editorial Voice:
The Opportunity Cost of Black Activism
By Mbaye Lo, Associate Professor of the Practice, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies & International Comparative Studies, Duke University.
#1 A Tribute to Professor Niane: “In Memory of Djibril Tamsir Niane: A Visionary for This World—and Worlds Yet to Come.”
Reviewed by: Joseph Hellweg, Past President, Mande Studies Association &
Associate Professor of Religion and Anthropology, Florida State University.
#2 Literature Review: Slavery, Theology, and Anti-Blackness in the Arab World.
Reviewed by: Moses E. Ochonu, Cornelius Vanderbilt Chair in History, Professor of African History, Vanderbilt University.
#3 Book: The Murder of Ahmed Timol: My Search for the Truth.
Author: Imitiaz A. Cajee. Year: 2020.
Reviewed by: Tiro Sebina, Department of English, University of Botswana.
#4 Book: In Hip Hop Time: Music, Memory, and Social Change in Senegal.
Author: Catherine Appert. Year: 2019.
Reviewed by: Bamba Ndiaye, University of Louisville
#5 Book: The Individual in African History: The Importance of Biography in African Historical Studies.
Author: Klaas van Walraven (editor). Year: 2020.
Reviewed by: Driss Bouyahya, Associate Professor Moulay Ismail University, Meknes, Morocco.
Editor-In-Chief & Associate Editors:
• Muhammed Haron, Associate Researcher, University of Stellenbosch (firstname.lastname@example.org).(Editor-In-Chief);
• Wendy Wilson-Fall, Associate Professor and Chair, Africana Studies Program Oeschle Center for International Education, Lafayette College (email@example.com);
• Hassan Juma Ndzovu, PhD. Senior Lecturer of Religious Studies, Department of Religious Studies, Moi University, Kenya (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Yunus Dumbe, PhD. Religious Studies Department, College of Arts and Social Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Accra, Ghana, (email@example.com);
• Badr Abdelfattah Badr, PhD. Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Bamba Drame, Dar El Hadith El Hassaniyya Institute, Rabat, Morocco, (email@example.com);
• Mbaye Lo, Associate Professor of the Practice, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies & International Comparative Studies, Duke University; (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Copyright © 2021 by Research Africa, (email@example.com), all rights reserved. RA allows for copy and redistribution of the material in any medium or format, provided that full and accurate credit is given to the author, the date of publication, and the location of the review on the RA website. You may not distribute the modified material. RA reserves the right to withdraw permission for republication of individual reviews at any time and for any specific case. For any other proposed uses, contact RA’s Editor-in-Chief. The opinions represented in the reviews and published on the RA Reviews website are not necessarily those held by RA and its Review editorial team.