Volume 6 (2022), Issue 1 # 1-10
These reviews may be found on the RA Reviews website.
RA Reviews’ Editorial Voice:
Public Leadership and Civic Agency’s Role in Shaping Africa’s Response to Covid-19 And the Russia-Ukraine Conflict.
By Mphutlane wa Bofelo: a South African poet, essayist, and political activist.
#1 Book: Babel Unbound: Rage, Reason and Rethinking Public Life.
Author: Lesley Cowling and Carolyn Hamilton (Ed.). Year: 2020.
Reviewed by: Alinah K. Segobye, Extraordinary Professor, North-West University and Research Scholar at the African Futures Institute in South Africa.
#2 Book: Slaves for Peanuts: A Story of Conquest, Liberation, and a Crop That Changed History.
Author: Jori Lewis. Year: 2022.
Reviewed by: Wendy Wilson-Fall, Associate Professor and Chair of Africana Studies, Lafayette College.
#3 Book: Faith, War, and Slavery: A History of the Colonial Conquest of Sudan (1881-1898).
Author: Patricia Teixeira Santos and Suresh Kumar. Year: 2021.
Reviewed by: Aman Nadhiri, Associate Professor, Department of Languages and Literature, Johnson C. Smith University.
#4 Book: Seeking Sanctuary: Stories of Sexuality, Faith and Migration.
Author: Marnell, John. Year: 2021.
Reviewed by: Ifeyinwa Okolo, Senior Lecturer, Federal University Lokoja, Nigeria.
#5 Literature Review: SERENE (Sexuality and Religion Network in East Africa) Project Workshop, Egerton University, Kenya: 18 February 2022.
Conversation between Hassan Ndzovu and Adriaan van Klinken, at the occasion of the launch of the book Reimagining Christianity and Sexual Diversity in Africa, by Adriaan van Klinken and Ezra Chitando (London: Hurst & Co, 2021).
#6 Book: District Six: Memories, Thoughts, and Images.
Author: Martin Gershoff (Ed.). Year: 2018.
Reviewed by: Mogamat Kammie Kamedien, Independent Researcher & Member of the Western Cape Department of Heritage and Archives Committee.
#7 Book: Rainforest Capitalism: Power and Masculinity in a Congolese Timber Concession.
Author: Thomas Hendriks. Year: 2022.
Reviewed by: Bourouayah Mohamed, former Vice-rector, Emir Abdelkader University, Algeria.
#8 Book: Guerrilla in Southern Africa: Broadcasts, Technology, Propaganda Wars, and the Armed Struggle.
Author: Sekibakiba Peter Lekgoathi; Tshepo Moloi and Alda Romão Saúte Saíde (Editors).
Reviewed by: Donald Peter Chimanikire, a member of the Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Zimbabwe.
#9 Book: Le théâtre au Maroc: Des origines à nos jours.
Author: Bouchra Chakir. Year: 2021.
Reviewed by: (présentée par) Mouhamadou Bamba DRAME, Dar El Hadith El Hassaniyya Institute, Rabat, Morocco.
#10 Book: سلاطين الغلابة
Author: صلاح هاشم
Reviewed by : Abdessatar REJEB, Professor, Carthage University, Tunisia
أ.د عبد الستار رجب-جامعة قرطاج، تونس
Editor-In-Chief & Associate Editors:
• Muhammed Haron, Associate Researcher, University of Stellenbosch (firstname.lastname@example.org).(Editor-In-Chief);
• Wendy Wilson-Fall, Associate Professor and Chair, Africana Studies Program Oeschle Center for International Education, Lafayette College (email@example.com);
• Hassan Juma Ndzovu, PhD. Senior Lecturer of Religious Studies, Department of Religious Studies, Moi University, Kenya (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Yunus Dumbe, PhD. Religious Studies Department, College of Arts and Social Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Accra, Ghana, (email@example.com);
• Badr Abdelfattah Badr, PhD. Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Bamba Drame, Dar El Hadith El Hassaniyya Institute, Rabat, Morocco, (email@example.com);
• Mbaye Lo, Associate Professor of the Practice, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies & International Comparative Studies, Duke University; (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Copyright © 2022 by Research Africa, (email@example.com), all rights reserved. RA allows for copy and redistribution of the material in any medium or format, provided that full and accurate credit is given to the author, the date of publication, and the location of the review on the RA website. You may not distribute the modified material. RA reserves the right to withdraw permission for republication of individual reviews at any time and for any specific case. For any other proposed uses, contact RA’s Editor-in-Chief. The opinions represented in the reviews and published on the RA Reviews website are not necessarily those held by RA and its Review editorial team.