Volume 4 (2020), Issue 1 # 1-12
These reviews may be found on the Research Africa Reviews website
RA Reviews’ Editorial Voice:
Research Africa Reviews: Africa and the COVID-19 Pandemic: Beyond Imposing Lockdowns and Unsettling Communities.
By RAR Editors
#1 Book: Arabic Manuscripts in the Ilorin Emirate.
Author: Moshood Mahmood Jimba (ed). Year: 2019.
Reviewed by: Amidu Sanni, Vice-Chancellor/ President, Fountain University, Osogbo, Nigeria.
#2 Book: The Curious Case of the Three-Legged Wolf: Egypt’s Military, Islamism, and Liberal Democracy.
Author: Dalia Ziada. Year: 2019.
Reviewed by: Aman Nadhiri, Johnson C. Smith University, NC, USA.
#3 Book: Karafu: A Freed Slave
Author: Nahida Esmail. Year: 2019.
Reviewed by: Joseph B.R. Gaie, Univeristy of Botswana.
#4 Book: Mugabeism After Mugabe? Rethinking Legacies and the New Dispensation in Zimbabwe’s ‘Second Republic.’
Author: Fidelis Peter Thomas Duri, Ngonidzashe Marongwe, & Munyaradzi Mawere, (Eds).. Year: 2019.
Reviewed by: Hamdy A. Hassan, Zayed University, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
#5 Book: Une jeune femme sur un bateau ivre: Agathe Uwilingiyimana du Rwanda.
Author: Innocent Butare. Year: 2019.
Reviewed by: Lisa Damon, Makerere Institute of Social Research, Uganda.
#6 Book: Affective Justice: The International Criminal Court and the Pan-Africanist Pushback.
Author: Kamari Maxine Clarke, Year: 2019.
Reviewed by Elham Kazemi, University of California, Irvine, USA.
#7 Book: Muslim Personal Law in South Africa: Evolution and Future Status.
Author: Najma Moosa and Suleman Dangor (Eds.) Year: 2019.
Reviewed by Muhammed Haron: University of Botswana and University of Stellenbosch.
#8 Book: The Ghosts of Gombe: A True Story of Love and Death in an African Wilderness.
Author: Dale Peterson. Year: 2018.
Reviewed by: Saibu Mutaru, formerly a Lisa Maskell Fellow at Stellenbosch University, South Africa.
#9 Book: From Pews to Politics: Religious Sermons and Political Participation in Africa.
Author: Gwyneth H. McClendon and Rachel Beatty Riedl: 2019.
Reviewed by: Serah Shani, Assistant Professor, Westmont College.
#10 Documentary film:
Malcolm X and the Sudanese.
Director: Hisham Aidi. Year: 2020.
Reviewed by: Youssef J. Carter, Harvard University.
#11 French: Review Report
Publication: Fondements de la pensée extrémiste
Author: Cheikh Abdallah Bin Bayyah
Reviewed by: Alioune Bah, Rattaché au Centre de Recherche en
Philosophie Allemande et Contemporaine, Université de Strasbourg.
#12 Literature Review:
الحراك الثوري العربي: معطيات التغيير وملامح التمايز
د. أماني الطويل
Reviewed by: Amani El Taweel, Associate Director, Al-Ahram Center for Political and Strategic Studies, Cairo.
Editor-In-Chief & Associate Editors:
• Muhammed Haron, Professor of Religious Studies, University of Botswana/University of Stellenbosch (firstname.lastname@example.org).(Editor-In-Chief);
• Wendy Wilson-Fall, Associate Professor and Chair, Africana Studies Program Oeschle Center for International Education, Lafayette College (email@example.com);
• Hassan Juma Ndzovu, PhD. Senior Lecturer of Religious Studies, Department of Religious Studies, Moi University, Kenya (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Yunus Dumbe, PhD. Religious Studies Department, College of Arts and Social Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Accra, Ghana, (email@example.com);
• Badr Abdelfattah Badr, PhD. Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Bamba Drame, Dar El Hadith El Hassaniyya Institute, Rabat, Morocco, (email@example.com);
• Mbaye Lo, Associate Professor of the Practice, Asian and Middle Eastern Studies & International Comparative Studies, Duke University; (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Copyright © 2020 by Research Africa, (email@example.com), all rights reserved. RA allows for copy and redistribution of the material in any medium or format, provided that full and accurate credit is given to the author, the date of publication, and the location of the review on the RA website. You may not distribute the modified material. RA reserves the right to withdraw permission for republication of individual reviews at any time and for any specific case. For any other proposed uses, contact RA’s Editor-in-Chief. The opinions represented in the reviews and published on the RA Reviews website are not necessarily those held by RA and its Review editorial team.