Article: “Islam and Economic Performance: Historical and Contemporary Links.” Journal of Economic Literature, 56 (2018): in press.
Religious Freedom Project discussion on “The Economic and Political Effects of Restrictions on Religion” moderated by Daniel Philpott. Participants: Timur Kuran and Abdullah Saeed, December 15, 2014.
“Religious Freedom Promotes Economic Development.” Cornerstone, April 28, 2014 .
with Jerry Oster: “A Challenging Exploration of Islam and Economics“.
Excerpt from Islam and Mammon: Milken Institute Review, 6:3 (2004): 61-81.
Islam and Mammon: The Economic Predicaments of Islamism (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2004), xviii + 194 pp.
- Arabic translation: Al-Islam wal-Thara’al-Fahish: Ma’zaq al-Iqtisad al-Islami (Amman: al-Ahliyya, 2012).
- South Asian edition (New Delhi: Tulika Press, 2006).
- Turkish translation: İslâm’ın Ekonomik Yüzleri, by Yasemin Tezgiden, with an original introduction (Istanbul: İletişim, 2002), 303 pp.
“The discontents of Islamic economic morality,” American Economic Review, 86 (May 1996): 438-442.
“Religious Economics and the Economics of Religion,” Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics, 149 (December 1994): 769-775.
“Fundamentalisms and the Economy,” in M. Marty and S. Appleby (eds.), Fundamentalisms and the State: Remaking Polities, Economies, and Militance (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1993): 289-301.
- Chinese translation: in press .
“The Economic Impact of Islamic Fundamentalism,” in M. Marty and S. Appleby (eds.), Fundamentalisms and the State: Remaking Polities, Economies, and Militance (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1993): 302-341.
- Turkish translation (by Yasemin Tezgiden): “İslâmî Köktenciliğin Ekonomik Etkileri,” in Timur Kuran, İslâm’ın Ekonomik Yüzleri (İstanbul: İletişim, 2002): 13-71.