(with Aslı Cansunar) “Economic Harbingers of Political Modernization: Peaceful Explosion of Rights in Ottoman Istanbul, 1600-1839” (Economic Research Initiatives at Duke Working Paper, SSRN, December 22, 2020).
Category Archives: Regime transition
Podcast: “A Conspiracy of Silence,” Hidden Brain with Shankar Vedankar
Podcast: “The Economics of Revolution and Mass Deception,” The Portal with Eric Weinstein
Podcast: “Revolutions, Authoritarianism, and Democracy”, The Good Fight with Yacha Mounk
Date of conversation: July 17 2019
Interview: “‘Another Road to Serfdom’: Q&A with Timur Kuran”
A conversation with Timur Kuran Duke Economics, Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Article: “The Logic of Revolutions: Rational Choice Perspectives.”
(with Diego Romero) “The Logic of Revolutions: Rational Choice Perspectives.” Oxford Handbook of Public Choice, vol. 2, ed. Roger D. Congleton, Bernard Grofman, and Stefan Voigt (New York: Oxford University Press 2019), pp. 345-62.
Op-ed: “The Economic Costs of Erdoğan”
(with Dani Rodik) “The Economic Costs of Erdoğan” Project Syndicate, August 24, 2018
- Arabic translation: التكلفة الاقتصادية لأردوغان
- Chinese translation: 埃尔多安的经济代价
- French translation: “Les coûts économiques d’Erdoǧan”
- German translation: “Die wirtschaftlichen Kosten Erdoğans”
- Russian Translation: “Цена Эрдогана для экономики”
- Spanish translation: “Los costos económicos de Erdoğan”
- Turkish translation: “Erdoğan’ın Ekonomik Maliyeti
Interview: “Why Weinstein Held on For So Long and Fell So Fast”
Interview by Virginia Postrel on “Why Weinstein Held On for So Long and Fell So Fast.” BloombergView, 17 October 2017.