“Another Road to Serfdom: Cascading Intolerance,” in Can It Happen Here? Authoritarianism in America, ed. Cass R. Sunstein (New York: Dey Street Books, 2018), pp. 233-76. Typescript.
(with Edward McCaffery) “Sex Differences in the Acceptability of Discrimination.” Political Research Quarterly, 61 (2008): 228-238.
(with Edward McCaffery) “Expanding Discrimination Research: Beyond Ethnicity and to the Web.” Social Science Quarterly, 85 (September 2004): 713-30.
“Ethnic Norms and Their Transformation through Reputational Cascades ,” Journal of Legal Studies, 27 (Summer 1998, pt. 2): 623-59. Abstract
“Ethnic Dissimilation and Its International Diffusion,” in David A. Lake and Donald Rothchild (eds.), The International Spread of Ethnic Conflict: Fear, Diffusion, and Escalation (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1998): 35-60. Abstract
Review of Barbara R. Bergmann, In Defense of Affirmative Action (New York: Basic Books, 1996), in Journal of Economic Literature, 35 (March 1997): 153-55.
Private Truths, Public Lies: The Social Consequences of Preference Falsification (Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1995), xv + 423 pp.
- Russian translation (by Irina Soboleva), with an additional preface: in press, 2016.
- Chinese translation (by Ding Zhen Huan and Ou Yang Wu): Pian Hao Wei Zhuang De She Hui Huo Guo (Changchun: Changchun Publishing House, 2005), 287 pp.
- Turkish translation (by Alp Tümertekin), with an additional preface: Yalanla Yaşamak: Tercih Çarpıtmasının Toplumsal Sonuçları(Istanbul : YKY, 2001), 498 pp.
- Swedish translation (by Margareta Eklöf): Privat Sanning, Offentlig Lögn (Stockholm: City University Press, 1999), 424pp.
- German translation (by Ekkehard Schöller), with an additional preface: Leben in Lüge: Präferenzverfälschungen und Ihre Gesellschaftlichen Folgen (Tübingen, Germany: J.C.B. Mohr, 1997), xviii + 462 pp.
“Seeds of Racial Explosion,” Society, 30 (September/October 1993): 55-67.
- Reprint in Current, no. 358, December 1993: 4-15.
- Abridged reprint under the title “A Backlash against Affirmative Action is Growing among Whites,” in Paul A. Winters (ed.), Race Relations: Opposing Viewpoints (San Diego: Greenhaven Press, 1996): 29-35.
“Mitigating the Tyranny of Public Opinion: Anonymous Discourse and the Ethic of Sincerity,” Constitutional Political Economy, 3 (Winter 1993): 41-74. Abstract