The Duke Community Standard:
Duke University is a community dedicated to scholarship, leadership, and service and to the principles of honesty, fairness, respect, and accountability. Citizens of this community commit to reflect upon and uphold these principles in all academic and nonacademic endeavors, and to protect and promote a culture of integrity.
To support the Duke Community Standard, students affirm their commitment to uphold the values of the Duke University community by signing a pledge that states:
- I will not lie, cheat, or steal in my academic endeavors;
- I will conduct myself honorably in all my endeavors;
- I will act if the Standard is compromised
- Listen to Upholding the Duke Community Standard.
- Review the Community Standard section in the Pratt School of Engineering Professional Master’s Programs bulletin (MEM students beginning on page 33, MEng students beginning on page 52).