Supported by meeScan, Duke’s new Self-Checkout feature is a fast and easy way to check out books from Duke Libraries. Perkins, Bostock, Divinity, Goodson Law, and Marine all have a meeScan.
The self-checkout unit can be used with the attached iPad, or an app you download on your smart phone. Search “Duke Self-checkout” in your phone’s app store:
How to set up a proxy account:
- Have your research assistant download the Duke Self-checkout app.
- On your research assistant’s phone, choose the Change Patron icon in the lower right hand corner, and select the green “Log In” option.
- This will take you to a secure page that prompts you to enter your Net ID and password. Enter YOUR OWN password on your RA’s phone; DO NOT send your RA your login information.
- Your RA will now see two accounts on their phone, and they will be able to switch back and forth:
- And whenever a book is checked out to your account, you will get an email:
- When the academic year ends, or when you are finished using a particular RA as your proxy, they can delete you from their Self-checkout app by selecting the red “log out” option under the Change Patron icon:
- Questions? Need help getting started? Stop by the Divinity Library Circulation Desk, and we will be happy to help.