NextPlay: Content Lead
Who We Are & What We Do:
We prepare athletes for their next play by delivering comprehensive career success programs that equip all athletes with the knowledge, skills, confidence, and network to build a fulfilling life after sports. We support our partners through both services and software to provide customized, consistent support to student athletes. We are small team looking to grow our impact significantly in the next year. We need a Content Lead to help us discover, license, and create content to feature on our career development client app, at our on-campus workshops, and through various marketing channels.
What You Bring:
- Creativity and innovation: Interest in identifying and/or creating new content to convey key career development tips, techniques, and stories.
- Experience creating audio/video/photo content including some of the following: pre-production, planning, scriptwriting, storyboarding, photography, audio mixing/editing, graphic design and post-production. (Strongly preferred)
- Strategic relationship building: Ability to establish mutually beneficial relationships with corporate and community partners to produce and/or license content, and create employment opportunities for athletes.
- Comfort with ambiguity: Comfort with uncertainty in the definition of the Content role, ability to adapt to organizational changes, and a naturally resilient mindset.
- A collaborative mindset: Desire to work with others and a natural team orientation. Belief that diversity of perspectives and collaborative thinking leads to better outcomes.
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Confidence in leading teams: Ability to influence others toward a common goal.
- An owner’s mindset: Propensity to identify gaps/challenges and solve them.
- Organization: Ability to remain organized and follow-through on commitments and tasks.
- Familiarity with athletics industry and/or a willingness to learn about the industry.
- Familiarity with career development and/or a willingness to learn about the subject.
- Willingness to travel (approximately 1 week per month).
- A positive mindset and a desire to be part of something new, exciting, and challenging.
What You Will Do:
- Create and develop multimedia (audio/video) content for career development training, athlete/customer stories, internal company announcement videos, external promotional social videos, product marketing videos, and other projects.
- Script, storyboard, budget, allocate resources, set deadlines and select optimal forms of media for projects
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to establish product deliverables that drive the business forward and enhance outcomes for our clients
- Work with third party corporations and thought leaders to produce novel content and/or to license existing content for use with NextPlay’s audience
- Develop a growth strategy for NextPlay’s content needs including new hires, equipment needs, and strategic partnerships
- Build and manage a content library
- Evaluate analytics to inform future content decisions
Business Development and Marketing:
- Leverage content for use on social media platforms and in external marketing initiatives
- Attend industry conferences and be an ambassador of NextPlay’s brand
- Independently manage company social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn) and website
- Manage NextPlay relationships with third party content producers
- Lead cross-functional relationships internally by partnering with NextPlay team members (CEO, COO, Content Lead, Platform Lead)
- Collaborate across the organization to execute company goals
- Actively participate in company-wide meetings
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Consistently develop your skill set: We are an early stage start-up, meaning we often need team members to pitch in on a variety of tasks. You’ll get to contribute your ideas to a wide variety of projects.
- Constantly learn: You will have biweekly one-on-ones with the CEO (your manager) to understand how to further develop in your role. You will also participate in our internal processes for feedback and after-action reviews.
- Connect with the team: We will prioritize building our organization’s community through weekly staff meetings, quarterly offsites, and social events.
- Take ownership of your work: We will trust you to inform strategic decisions about NextPlay programs and to help drive the company strategy.
- Expand your network in our co-working space: Our office is located in the Durham ID WeWork, which offers free community events, a variety of workspaces, and free beer and kombucha on tap!
- Flexible work options: While we prioritize building community, we also recognize that it might not always make sense to come to the office. We’ll work with you to find a situation that allows you to be at your best.