IOT Development Internship
Internship Type: Engineering/Development
Start Date: Duration: 90 Days
Option to Extend: Yes
Manager for Intern (provide high-level direction): Chris Gately or Kyle Strickland depending on timing
Key Stakeholders: Edge Team / Enterprise Tools Team
Intern will be tasked with…..
- Testing new devices with Home Hub
- Adjusting integration configuration parameters to suit senior living use
- Evaluating usability for seniors
- Candidate will learn how IoT systems map to home automation protocols such as Z-Wave, and how those devices are installed and configured
- Selection of new devices that can be integration
- Documentation of how they are integrated
If you are interested, please contact Chief of Staff, Cindy Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re Hiring: Marketing Associate
LuckyDiem is looking for a dynamic, self-starter to join our team as a Marketing Associate. This is a unique opportunity to work in a fintech marketplace with users and customers.
Ideally, the candidate will be located in the New York City metro area but for now, the position is remote.
Develop integrated app install marketing campaigns to attract and retain users
Create a cohesive customer contact strategy to optimize the customer journey and ultimately increase conversion, engagement and retention – utilizing marketing promotions, emails, push notifications and in-app notifications
Create effective acquisition testing strategies
Develop and implement the consumer-focused social media strategy across social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc
Research the competition and determine how to best reach the core demographic
Track performance, make recommendations and iterate based on previous performance results
Deliver weekly and monthly reports on all KPIs
Handle customer support inquiries
Customer (Advertising Platform):
Assist with the onboarding of customers
Execute Customer Success Plan
Communicate with customer post-campaign launch
Help increase customer retention rate
Experience in paid social advertising and SEM campaigns with a proven track record
Understanding of the digital B2C business with a mix of CRM, media, creative and customer journey knowledge
Experience with mobile app UI/UX best practices and gamification tactics a plus
Strong analytical skills, with the ability to be articulate, professional and decisive
Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint) and Adobe Creative Suite
Experience with Google Analytics
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
Excellent attention to detail. Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within a tight timeline
A minimum of 1-2 years in a digital marketing role and a Bachelor’s Degree is required
To apply for this position, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Business Development/ Marketing Intern
We at Konekti are Cloud Experts. Konekti provides strategy advisory and technical services for public cloud. Our mission is to help companies construct the best security and compliance solutions in the cloud. We are an industry leader in network security, design and implementation with focus in the following areas:
1. Secure Cloud Migration
2. Multi-Cloud and hybrid cloud architecture and design
3. Remote Access and VPN replacement based on “Zero Trust” principles
4. Application visibility with Next-generation firewalls
5. Cloud native security solutions for containers and hosts
Konekti is looking for an intern to support our new marketing, sales and business development initiatives. The successful applicant will be resourceful, organized and motivated. He/she will be instrumental in Konekti’s sales efforts, while initiating new and creative ways to market our services. A background in sales or marketing is strongly desirable. You will also be provided with regular training and one-on-one mentorship program.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Identify sales targets and leads through inbound and outbound opportunities
- Manage data entry into CRM database
- Implement sales strategies and innovative new ways to gain more customers
- Update and monitor all qualified leads converted to opportunities
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn quickly
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skill
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Goal-oriented, able to meet and exceed monthly/quarterly goals
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Interest or experience with technology sales
If interested, contact Jeff Loughridge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NetApp Data Explorers – Durham, NC Pilot
Program Manager Job Description
In partnership with ChickTech; v: 1.8.21
NetApp works with organizations across all sectors helping them unlock the power of the cloud and data to advance their mission and accelerate their digital transformation. As the company continues to grow, it is pursuing new ways to foster its commitment to giving back and engaging its employees across the globe in the communities where they live and work. A pillar of the company’s community efforts focuses on empowering young people and leaders with new learning experiences and tools to become more data literate as they tackle social issues. To advance and further innovate around its community impact efforts, NetApp is piloting a new social impact program called NetApp Data Explorers.
NetApp Data Explorers
NetApp Data Explorers is a new social impact program with the mission to empower 12-16 year-olds to discover and develop critical data science skills and fluency that enable them to thrive and take action in a data-driven world. The experience engages students in a learning journey that inspires exploration, investigation and problem-solving with data focusing on one or more social issues relevant to their lives. These social issues will naturally align with the UN Sustainable Development goals. The program, offered during afterschool time, meets weekly like a club for 90 minutes over the course of 10 weeks.
NetApp is partnering with leading STEM education and youth development nonprofits to test a leading customized curriculum developed by TERC and hands-on learning experiences via pilots in the U.S. and India where the company has an office presence and can engage its employees as volunteers. Durham, NC is the U.S. pilot location where NetApp has a large employee population and a long-term commitment to working with youth in the community to build critical STEM skills.
Durham Data Explorers Pilot
NetApp is planning to partner with ChickTech, a long-time NetApp community partner, to bring the Data Explorers experience to 9th graders this Spring 2021. ChickTech will be recruiting 20 students for the pilot and providing volunteer mentors. In addition, the ChickTech team is looking for a Program Manager to oversee the day-to-day needs of the pilot program’s implementation which is planned to occur between April-June 2021. The Program Manager will engage in program planning prior to launch and stay in role to wrap-up program details by early July. This role includes:
- Supporting ChickTech team with the recruitment of students for a cohort of 20
- Overseeing all pilot program communications with students and parents
- Handling the distribution of program materials bag at program onset
- Checking in with students to ensure they are attending, trouble shooting any technology challenges and helping point them to support to answer any curriculum-related questions
- Ensuring all students participate in pre- and post-evaluation surveys and collecting data
- Maintaining correspondence with NetApp and ChickTech teams around pilot program status
- Coordinating NetApp volunteer engagement
- Responding to any needs that arise from TERC teaching team and/or NetApp
Time Allocation, Salary, Other
- This role is part-time; approximately 20 hours a week
- Program Manager to supply his/her own laptop and technology to execute role
- Salary to be $6,500 (NOTE: 16 weeks, 20 hours/week at $20/hour)
Please send a brief statement of interest and resume to Tanja Jackman, Tanja.Jackman@netapp.com
INTERNS NEEDED IN BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES – Remote
Acidophil is an innovation company that semi-serially creates, manages and co-finances new products and businesses in human health, agriculture, and animal health-based upon biotechnologies that include molecular biology, chemistry and related information technologies. Through our new initiative, Red Abbey Labs, we are focused on addressing Neurological Disorders. For more information please see http://www.acidophil.com.
We are currently seeking bright and talented individuals, with an interest in the commercialization of biotechnology, to work as analysts. Our paid internship program offers a unique opportunity to work at the interface of science and business in an entrepreneurial environment and to experience the process of company formation and development.
• Work for approximately ten to twenty hours a week for a minimum of 3 months
• Perform online research work remotely
• Fully document the research process
• Meet with team members in person or via Skype every week; meetings typically last 1-2 hours
• Generate reports on key technologies/compounds
• Identify and evaluate technical experts from academia and industry
• Endeavor to understand the underlying science of neurobiology projects
The level of responsibility given to the intern will depend on a combination of the interest and ability of the intern and the current demands of the project, which may change over time. The work will be a combination of routine and challenging. The intern must be happy to do either type of work.
• Graduate student or post-doc
• Strong background in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemical engineering, bioinformatics, or related field
• Computer literacy (communication is via OneNote/SharePoint and teams, and research is performed online)
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Time management skills and strong self-motivation
• Expertise in neurobiology
• Understanding of Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation or Immunology (e.g., Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia)
To apply send a cv and a cover letter describing your experience, why you are interested in the position and what makes you a great fit to Jobs@redabbey.com
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000
Benefits: 3% contribution to a 403b retirement fund, generous PTO and sick time, dedicated PD funds and time
Contact: email email@example.com ; no phone calls
Requirements: resume, cover letter, contact information of two references, and sample(s) of data visualization;
applications will only be reviewed if they include all elements
Organization and Program Overview
Founded in 2011 and based in Durham, North Carolina, Book Harvest (www.bookharvest.org) is a
nonprofit organization that provides an abundance of books and ongoing literacy support to families and their
children from birth and serves as a model for communities committed to ensuring that children are lifelong
readers and learners. Our vision is of a world in which reading, learning, and access to information are considered
rights, not privileges, so that all children thrive.
To date, we have provided more than 1,450,000 books and literacy supports to children
and families in central North Carolina through programs that are innovative and informed by evidence.
The job of Book Harvest’s Data and Evaluation Specialist is a new full-time position in our organization that works
with the Book Harvest team to develop strategies to measure what works in service to our mission and vision; and
who develops, designs, and implements effective data collection tools and analyses to advance Book Harvest’s
mission. Our programs are community-based and family centered, and we seek a robust, efficient, and nuanced
portfolio of qualitative and quantitative evaluation tools and processes to effectively measure outcomes that
demonstrate impact on early childhood literacy, book access, family engagement, and systemic transformation.
The responsibilities of the Data and Evaluation Specialist will help grow the culture of Book Harvest into one of
data-driven decision making and continuous quality improvement. He/she/they will coach staff to understand
and use data, metrics, systems, and reports to optimize program specific and organizational performance.
He/she/they will also develop relationships with local organizations and collaboratives to align Book Harvest
information with community needs, community demographics, intended outcomes, and selected measures.
Specifically, this position will have the following priorities: clean, organize, and analyze existing qualitative and
quantitative data; translate program outputs and outcomes; research and identify new measurement tools and
strategies that relate to early childhood literacy and parent engagement; train and support staff in
implementation and administration of new measurement methods.
The person in this position will need to work with program and communications staff to translate and summarize
outcome data into meaningful and compelling visualizations and reports to share with stakeholders including but
not limited to staff, funders, partner organizations, policy makers, and public and private leaders.
The Data and Evaluation Specialist reports to the Operations and Finance Director and works closely with the
Executive Director, Advancement Director, and Program Director in order to ensure all data needs are being met
in service of programmatic, fundraising, and organizational goals and vision .
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following.
● Develop and deliver a best-in-class impact metric framework and internal data platform to evaluate the
performance and outcomes of the overall organization and individual programs.
● Create and/or advise on data infrastructure and implement any necessary moves of data from one
platform to another.
● Design and administer databases, dashboards, forms, templates, and reports.
● Troubleshoot system errors. Coordinate support and issue resolution processes with staff and vendors.
● Manage testing and approval of new functionalities.
● Develop a database owner’s manual/reference document.
Data Analysis and Reporting
● In partnership with the Executive Director, Program Director, and Advancement Director, evaluate
outputs and outcomes of all program components in order to assess the impact of Book Harvest’s work.
● Identify areas of improvement to ensure all programs are meeting desired outcomes efficiently.
Research and Outcomes
● Research and form best practices for future data collection and understanding.
● Provide direction on standards and methodologies for data collection within our programs, with an
emphasis on equitable and inclusive community-based practices.
● Analyze and create relevant data for external and scientific publications.
● Maintain close working relationships with vendors and consultants working on technology or outcome
● Demonstrate the ability and experience to support external evaluation/research studies. (N.B. Book
Harvest has an external Randomized Control Trial evaluation that has been temporarily suspended due to
COVID-19. As future activities for this study unfold, the Data and Evaluation Specialist will take on
responsibilities related to it).
● Produce internal data summaries, reports, grant statistics, geographic reports, and custom analyses as
needed. This may include quarterly reports.
● Work with the Advancement Director to produce data needed to fulfill reporting requirements for grant
reports and to create meaningful outcome-focused materials for donors.
● Work with the Communications Manager to transform data into infographics and visual representations
for use in internal and external communications as appropriate.
● Provide training and support to Book Harvest staff users.
The ideal Data and Evaluation Specialist comes to Book Harvest with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in
the data analysis, research, or data science fields, or other applicable training. He/she/they must have a deeply
held and demonstrated understanding of the general non-profit environment and a specific commitment to Book
Harvest’s mission, vision, and values sharing our conviction that all children deserve easy, abundant, and
equitable access to the books and literacy supports that they deserve to succeed in school and in life .
○ Bachelor’s degree in data science, data analytics or related fields (or equivalent in training and
○ Exceptional data analysis and visualization skills; familiarity with Tableau is a plus
○ Demonstrated understanding of database structures and relationships
○ Strong SQL skills and experience in dealing with large amount of real-world data
○ Proficient with at least one scripting language (Python, R, etc.)
○ Experience with creating and managing relational databases; experience in AWS is preferred
○ Ability to work on multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently
○ Excellent project management skills, experience with community-based outreach and
engagement and audience centric survey design
○ Knowledge of and experience with program evaluation methods including advanced research
designs, logic model development, qualitative and quantitative methods
○ Professional development time and funds are available for continued learning.
○ Process- and operations-driven mindset.
○ Self-motivated initiative to learn.
○ Well organized, strong on follow-through, and attention to detail.
○ Demonstrated capacity and enthusiasm for teamwork and collaboration.
○ Exceptional interpersonal and customer relations skills.
○ Ability to handle ambiguity and nuance.
○ Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to convey analytic content
verbally, visually, and in writing to non-technical team members
○ Personal qualities of integrity, honesty, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Book Harvest.
○ A commitment to active involvement in an anti-racist organizational culture.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and an engaging, purposeful workplace culture. Book Harvest
is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Book Harvest is committed to protecting children through its child safeguarding policies. All staff are subjected to
criminal background checks and are held to high standards of child protection.
If you are interested in applying for the position of Data and Evaluation Specialist, please submit a resume, cover
letter, contact information of two references, and sample(s) of data visualization to
firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls, please.
The priority deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, February 19, 2021.
Simple Habit, a San Francisco based mental wellness start-up, is looking for an analytical & data-minded student to be our first Growth Intern! You will work closely with our product & leadership team to own data & give insights into how our product is performing.
- Pursuing a bachelor or masters degree
- Previous internship/working experience in management consulting, investment banking, finance, or any related field
- Extremely comfortable with data; heavy analytical expertise
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive approach to problems and a can-do attitude around getting things done
- This internship will be anywhere from 15-20 hours a week/long-term (ideally a year-long commitment).
- This will be a remote role
- You will report to our Senior Product Manager
- Updating KPIs and other key Growth metrics on Google Sheets, exporting data from Facebook and Google Ads, using a visual A/B testing tool (similar to Optimizely) to launch experiment variants on user onboarding
If you’re qualified and interested, please send your resume and answers to the following questions to email@example.com:
- When do you graduate?
- When can you start working?
- What is the MAX amount of hours you can dedicate a week?
- Why are you a fit for this role?
Sales & Marketing Intern @ Tywar Technologies Inc.
Tywar Technologies Inc. (www.tywar.com), an RTP based tech startup, seeks a curious, enthusiastic, and driven individual with a passion for the customer-facing eCommerce software platform and a strong interest in working with an early-stage startup environment. We are primarily seeking a high performing undergraduate or graduate student to support our marketing and sales effort.
If you have the passion and drive to work at a high-level to learn, grow, and refine your skills with a fun and energetic early-stage startup, read more and apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an incentive-based part-time virtual/remote student internship.
Overview of Tywar:
Tywar is an ecommerce platform, revolutionizing the machine service workforce targeting the repair and maintenance service industry. The prime objective of the Tywar platform is to empower the local professional community with a platform to list their service products and quickly find consumers.
Tywar also enables service seekers (business and homeowners) to find service products (Service gigs, Warranty, and maintenance plans) listed by local professionals based on their needs. With the ability to search based on location, keywords, and budget, Tywar provides smooth end-to-end tooling for providers and consumers.
Finally, Tywar is an ecosystem for the repair and maintenance service industry where local professionals, freelancers, consumers, and businesses will be collaborating to fulfill everyday service needs in a transparent and mutually beneficial environment.
Sales & Marketing Intern role:
Tywar Technologies is seeking a curious, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual with a strong interest in joining an early-stage startup. We are primarily seeking a high performing entrepreneurial individual interested in a sales & marketing role. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work with the other employees and the company’s founding team
Job Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the implementation of our overall sales & marketing strategy
- Lead the development and implementation of sales & marketing material
- Study the available market to develop a Go-to-market strategy with our Product
- Work with the product team to help design and deliver products that address the needs of customers, business partners, and corporate partners
- Collect feedback from leads and communicate with the founder and optimize product and sales strategy.
- Open to meet online and in-person to discuss and demo our product to leads.
- Have good native speaking and communication skills and must have a salesman at heart.
- Lead generation, Lead follow-up, Customer onboarding, and Product demo to the potential users,
- Prior experience in customer onboarding, selling IT products over the phone, and making sales calls will be helpful.
An Ideal Candidate Should Be:
- Experience in making sales calls, sales visits, etc. preferred not required
- Highly self-motivated, hard-working, able to learn quickly and implement the best approach
- Able to both works independently on tasks and bring individual contributions to a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Meticulously attentive to detail but also able to grasp the big picture
- Able to augment their analytical skills with a dash of creative problem-solving
- Entrepreneurial and passionate about learning the ins-and-outs of our day-to-day operation. Earlier experience with entrepreneurial ventures is highly preferred
Duke-UNICEF Innovation Accelerator Design Project – Spring 2021
This short-term, project-based, non-paid internship is offered by the Duke-UNICEF Innovation Accelerator (DUIA) at the Duke Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiative (Duke I&E) in partnership with Lily Health, a DUIA supported organization in Kenya, as an appointment from February 1 – April 30, 2021. The appointment may be shorter depending on the needs of Lily Health and the availability of the student/students.
This DUIA intern(s) will work with Lily Health to improve digital content. The intern(s) will use an iterative and hypothesis-driven design process to design modules of content to help women learn about fertility and improve chances of healthy conception. The objectives of the product design are:
- To make it pleasurable for a customer to spend 5 to 10 minutes a day learning about fertility
- For the customer to be motivated to pursue healthy, fertility-boosting, behaviors as a result of using the product.
This project is ideal for anyone interested in psychology, behavioral design, behavioral economics, or similar fields.
This internship is unpaid but offers access to the resources at Duke I&E and DUIA.
This appointment is flexible but preferred from February 1 – April 30, 2021. This project will require a minimum of 8 hours per week.
This internship is intended to support any Duke University students. Students must be enrolled full time, but may be in any program.
Candidates must have a demonstrated proficiency in digital product design. Preference will be given to candidates with an interest in social entrepreneurship and/or MHH.
Please submit a 1 paragraph statement of interest, alongside resume/CV for consideration to Madison Alexander at email@example.com.