NextPlay: Programs Lead
Who We Are & What We Do:
We prepare athletes for their next play by delivering comprehensive career success programs that equip all athletes with the knowledge, skills, confidence, and network to build a fulfilling life after sports. We support our partners through both services and software to provide customized, consistent support to student athletes. We are small team looking to grow our impact significantly in the next year. We need a Programs Lead to oversee the execution of our services offerings and contribute to the expansion of our impact with new clients.
What You Bring:
- Client relationship management: Ability to successfully manage client relationships through empathy, understanding, and communication.
- Comfort with ambiguity: Comfort with uncertainty in the definition of the Programs role, ability to adapt to organizational changes, a naturally resilient mindset.
- A collaborative mindset: Desire to work with others and a natural team orientation. Belief that diversity of perspectives and collaborative thinking leads to better outcomes.
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Confidence in leading teams: Ability to influence others toward a common goal.
- An owner’s mindset: Propensity to identify gaps/challenges and solve them.
- Organization: Ability to remain organized and follow-through on commitments and tasks.
- Experience leading, managing, and facilitating events or educational programs (preferred).
- Familiarity with athletics industry and/or a willingness to learn about the industry.
- Familiarity with career development and/or a willingness to learn about the subject.
- Willingness to travel (approximately 1 week per month).
- A positive mindset and a desire to be part of something new, exciting, and challenging.
What You Will Do:
- Independently manage NextPlay programs from design to development to delivery
- Develop, manage, and track NextPlay program budgets
- Lead meetings with clients and track program development progress
- Research new industry trends and enhance NextPlay’s curriculum accordingly
- Create a playbook for successful programs and for training future program leaders
- Identify and pursue opportunities to extend work with current clients
- Identify and pursue opportunities for work with non-current clients
- Attend industry conferences and be an ambassador of NextPlay’s brand
- Lead cross-functional relationships internally by partnering with NextPlay team members (CEO, COO, Content Lead, Platform Lead)
- Collaborate across the organization to execute company goals
- Actively participate in company-wide meetings
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Consistently develop your skill set: We are an early stage start-up, meaning we often need team members to pitch in on a variety of tasks. You’ll get to contribute your ideas to a wide variety of projects.
- Constantly learn: You will have biweekly one-on-ones with the CEO (your manager) to understand how to further develop in your role. You will also participate in our internal processes for feedback and after action reviews.
- Connect with the team: We will prioritize building our organization’s community through weekly staff meetings, quarterly offsites, and social events.
- Take ownership of your work: We will trust you to inform strategic decisions about NextPlay programs and to help drive the company strategy.
- Expand your network in our co-working space: Our office is located in the Durham ID WeWork, which offers free community events, a variety of workspaces, and free beer and kombucha on tap!
- Flexible work options: While we prioritize building community, we also recognize that it might not always make sense to come to the office. We’ll work with you to find a situation that allows you to be at your best.