Tax List Transcription:
(JPG files in Box) – we need to transcript 109 on (odd numbers), first several rows as indicate in the spreadsheet
- V: 109, 111,113
- Claire: 115, 117
- Leanora: 119
- Hannah: 121, 123
Georectification Plans: (V and Helen)
- Water maps from 1950s and 60s
- Fire Insurance maps (1884, 1888) and research what is in UNC collections
- Gray Map 1881 – to be coupled with census data and tax list as a research cluster
- scanning (Courtney)
- review of Rencher collection maps online and in oversized folder to see what we need (Courtney)
Geoserver Convo: V, T, H talk to Joel and Brian about plans for Geonode and Drumeka, digital storytelling apps
Digital Durham Migration Plan:
- Drumeka for the content, ported over from the original DD website
- Geonode or other Geoserver for the Maps (to be georectified)
- New Content:
- Workflows for adding additional content? Links to existing Durham resources?
- Additional Blog Site as a portal for Durham-related projects?
Course Site/Project Development:
- WordPress for student-generated content in Spring 2018
- Omeka/Neatline site for student exhibitions in Spring 2018
- Google Sheets for initial data transcriptions from tax records
- Duke Box for file storage and sharing
- ZapAR for marker-based AR; Duke-sponsored online tour software for location-based applications
- Possible physical mini-exhibition in Smith Warehouse (?) in Spring 2018
- Bull City 150?
- Data+/Story+ for Summer 2018?
- MA Student thesis options
September/October To Do:
- Work with Brian and Joel to finalize plans for DD migration and schedule
- Begin georectifying maps
- Individual project work on tax record transcription, image scanning etc.
- Finalize syllabus for Spring 2018
- Advertising poster for Spring 2018 course (Bookbags open October 23)