- 10/26/2020: Higgs Bundles & Exceptional Holonomy
- 4/09/2019: Spin7 Connected Sums and String Theory Dualities
- 1/10/2019: Exceptional Holonomy, String Duality and Vector Bundles
- 9/14/2017: Mirror Symmetry for G2 manifolds
- 6/17/2017: Mirror Symmetry for G2 manifolds (see arXiv:1701.05202)
October 26, 2020
TITLE: Higgs Bundles & Exceptional Holonomy
Slides of Lecture
April 9, 2019
TITLE: Spin7 Connected Sums and String Theory Dualities
January 10, 2019
TITLE: Exceptional Holonomy, String Duality and Vector Bundles
ABSTRACT: Physics implies that the same data which specify a Calabi-Yau manifold together with a suitable holomorphic vector bundle can equally be used to specify a manifold. After reviewing the ideas which lead to this connection, detailing some of its aspects and giving detailed examples, I will explains that a similar relationship exists for manifolds with suitable vector bundles and Spin(7) manifolds. This can e.g. be used to construct instantons.
September 14, 2017
TITLE: Mirror Symmetry for G2 manifolds
ABSTRACT: String theories on different manifolds can lead to the same physics in a phenomenon called mirror symmetry. In this talk, I will review mirror symmetry for manifolds, focusing on recent progress. In particular, I will present constructions of mirror manifolds realized as twisted connected sums.