Duke Campus-Wide Resources for Working Remotely
Main Site: https://keepworking.duke.edu
Duke Campus-Wide Resources for Teaching Remotely
Main Site: https://keepteaching.duke.edu/
Duke Campus-Wide Resources for Learning Remotely
Main Site: https://keeplearning.duke.edu/
Working from home FAQsWhat do I need to do in my office to prepare to work from home?
How do I prepare my office and equipment that I am not bringing home for my being away for an unknown period of time?
Can I take my Duke-issued devices home with me?
How can I remote into my Duke desktop from my home laptop?
Cisco Anyconnect VPNWhen do I need to use VPN?
- Library Resources
- SAP GUI
- Departmental Drives
- Remote Desktop
When should I not use the VPN?
How do I install Cisco Anyconnect VPN?
DropboxHow do you disable notifications in Dropbox?
- Click the Dropbox icon in your menu bar (Mac) or System Tray (Windows)
- Click your profile picture/initials and select ‘Preferences’
- Click on the ‘Notifications’ tab.
- Check/Uncheck the boxes under ‘Notify me about’ to choose which notifications you receive.
To control email notifications, click ‘View more settings on Dropbox.com’ and check/uncheck the email notifications you’d like to receive.
How do you share folders in Dropbox?
- Go to the file/folder you want to share on dropbox.com
- Hover over the file or folder you’d like to share.
- Click the ‘Share’ button.
- Type the Email, Name, or Group of the person (or people) you’d like to share with.
- Click Share. They’ll receive an email with a link to the file or folder.
How do you scan to Dropbox using the app?
Microsoft TeamsHow do I use Microsoft Teams?
ZoomHow do I use Zoom Meetings?
Where can I download Zoom?
How do I log into Duke's Zoom Instance?
I'm getting a message: My internet connection is unstable
If you see this message and are transmitting your camera, try turning off your video. The bandwidth freed up by doing this may help improve the quality of remaining meeting components such as audio and screen sharing.
What do I do if my audio is poor or cutting out?
- When possible, use a wired network connection rather than a Wi-Fi connection. This will generally provide a more consistent and better quality network connection.
- During the web conference, don’t run any network-intensive applications on your computer, such as Internet radio or streaming video, or run significant uploads or downloads (Dropbox sync included) that might compete with your Zoom audio.
- Connect any external audio devices such as a USB microphone and headset before you start your meeting. If you connect devices after the meeting had started, Zoom may not detect them.
How do I set a virtual background?
How do I set a secondary host so my meeting doesn't end if I get disconnected?
Tools and Resources for Working Remotely
Setting up digital signatures in Adobe Reader: https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/using/sign-pdfs.html
Setting up digital signatures in Mac Preview: