Sr Associate and Associate Roles – SF or NYC Team
We are seeking to hire new teams member who are passionate about finding, researching, and supporting companies that are transforming the Financial Services industry. Fin VC has aglobal remit and is expanding its SF team. The role will report into Investment Partner, Peter Ackerson.
• Conducting market analysis and opportunity identification via academic research, customer interviews, conferences, incubator and University demo days, and peers (Angels/VCs).
• Proactively developing relationships with identified early stage (Seed, Series A, and B) companies that align to our investment theses and scope
• Help manage the investment pipeline process
• Creating content, events, and more to build the firm’s brand in the global market
Diligence and Investment Execution
• Support the team’s initial screening and subsequent deep due diligence of potential investments
• Support development of diligence materials and Investment Memo/Scorecard to assess market sizing, talent assessment, product-market fit, key metrics/financials, capital structure, valuation modeling and exit scenarios, risks, etc.
• Liaise with team members to support diligence checks (product, tech, and finance) and finalize investment execution (legal and finance)
Portfolio Company Operating Support
• Support portfolio companies around product strategy, talent sourcing, business development, regional market and global expansion and support for future financing
• Help gather and manage portfolio performance, metrics, and financials on a Quarterly basis
• Support capital raising for the firm and portfolio company follow-on round growth financings
Desired Skills and Experience
• Excitement to join an emerging manager and help build a specialist VC focused on FinTech globally
• Deep network and experiencing in working across the US market
• Passion for the intersection of Financial Services and technology, along with RETech, InsureTech, and adjacent spaces
• 2-4 years (Associate), 3-5 years (Sr. Associate) of previous work experience, ideally with a background in venture capital, private equity, or investment banking with exposure to Financial Services / FinTech
• B.A. or B.S. in related fields, technical experience a strong plus. MBA preferred for Sr. Associate level.
• Strong grasp of technology trends and business models, ideally in FinTech
• Small working team experience, strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and an exceptional work ethic and discipline
• Preference and consideration given to foreign language capabilities, particularly in Spanish, Mandarin,
• SF or NYC based