Role Description: We are seeking to hire new teams member who are passionate about finding, researching, and supporting companies that are transforming the Financial Services industry. Fin VC has a global remit and is expanding its SF team. The role will report into Investment Partner, Peter Ackerson.
Desired Skills and Experience:
B.A. or B.S. in related fields, technical experience a strong plus. MBA preferred for Sr. Associate level.
Sr Associate and Associate Roles – SF or NYC Team
We are seeking to hire new teams member who are passionate about finding, researching, and supporting companies that are transforming the Financial Services industry. Fin VC has aglobal remit and is expanding its SF team. The role will report into Investment Partner, Peter Ackerson.
• Conducting market analysis and opportunity identification via academic research, customer interviews, conferences, incubator and University demo days, and peers (Angels/VCs).
• Proactively developing relationships with identified early stage (Seed, Series A, and B) companies that align to our investment theses and scope
• Help manage the investment pipeline process
• Creating content, events, and more to build the firm’s brand in the global market
Diligence and Investment Execution
• Support the team’s initial screening and subsequent deep due diligence of potential investments
• Support development of diligence materials and Investment Memo/Scorecard to assess market sizing, talent assessment, product-market fit, key metrics/financials, capital structure, valuation modeling and exit scenarios, risks, etc.
• Liaise with team members to support diligence checks (product, tech, and finance) and finalize investment execution (legal and finance)
Portfolio Company Operating Support
• Support portfolio companies around product strategy, talent sourcing, business development, regional market and global expansion and support for future financing
• Help gather and manage portfolio performance, metrics, and financials on a Quarterly basis
• Support capital raising for the firm and portfolio company follow-on round growth financings
Desired Skills and Experience
• Excitement to join an emerging manager and help build a specialist VC focused on FinTech globally
• Deep network and experiencing in working across the US market
• Passion for the intersection of Financial Services and technology, along with RETech, InsureTech, and adjacent spaces
• 2-4 years (Associate), 3-5 years (Sr. Associate) of previous work experience, ideally with a background in venture capital, private equity, or investment banking with exposure to Financial Services / FinTech
• B.A. or B.S. in related fields, technical experience a strong plus. MBA preferred for Sr. Associate level.
• Strong grasp of technology trends and business models, ideally in FinTech
• Small working team experience, strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and an exceptional work ethic and discipline
• Preference and consideration given to foreign language capabilities, particularly in Spanish, Mandarin,
• SF or NYC based
I am thrilled to share that my political tech startup, The Tuesday Company, is hiring summer interns. As a Duke alum (T’17) I’d love to invite Duke I&E students to apply. These are unpaid internships, so we are hoping that students are able to get university credit or scholarships.
The Tuesday Company is a progressive, political tech startup. Our app, Team, gives advocacy groups, campaigns, and unions the infrastructure to engage, scale, and activate powerful digital communities. With Team, we can reach as many people as possible and share important information, bring more voices into the discussion, and empower our friends to take action.
Our work is rooted in the conviction that supporting progressive movements will build the future that we believe in. By lowering the barriers to civic engagement, especially for millennials, low-income folks, and communities of color, we are making that future a reality.
This summer, we’re looking for smart and motivated interns to join our NYC and DC team. See tuesdaycompany.com/jobs for more info!
Our Quality Assurance team is hiring for an intern for Summer 2019! The internship will run 10 weeks starting in early June, be based out of our New York office and pay $20/hr.
If you are passionate about our mission and would like to impact the broader scope of the industry – using a grass-roots effort to drive collaboration and change in a stagnant and inefficient marketplace – Remedy is a unique opportunity for you.
Do you have any of the following:
Remedy Partners is an innovative healthcare services and technology company specializing in “bundled payment” programs. Bundled payments are an innovative new payment model that includes financial and performance accountability in episodes of care. Episode payment programs represent an important advance in the organization and financing of health care services in both the public and private sectors.
The company’s mission is to dramatically improve the quality and efficiency of healthcare delivery by developing and managing episodic payment programs in partnership with leading healthcare organizations.
We take our role seriously and constantly remind each other that every patient in Remedy’s program is someone’s mother, brother, father, sister, friend or other relative. Empathy for the challenges patients face after a hospitalization keeps us focused on the important role we can play.
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We are looking for a summer intern to assist members of Vimeo’s Legal Department, which is responsible for: providing legal and strategic advice to the company and its subsidiaries, corporate governance, drafting and negotiating contracts with third parties, managing Vimeo’s legal compliance programs, litigation, intellectual property, privacy, and regulatory and government affairs. The summer intern will work primarily with attorneys who are responsible for business transactions and privacy.
What you’ll do:
Among other things, the summer intern will be expected to:
What we’re seeking:
This is a paid internship. Because we do not hire new attorneys each year, we cannot commit to any post-graduation placement.
While we offer competitive compensation, we don’t provide accommodation. Please ensure you are interested in an internship in New York City under these circumstances before applying.
Our healthcare providers care for us in our times of deepest need. Traditionally, technology vendors have fallen short in caring for them. Physician burnout is at unprecedented levels, and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems tend to be unintuitive, static, and scattered.
Wellsheet envisions a much different future, one in which providers make decisions with a comprehensive view of relevant information, structured precisely for their needs. Predicting providers’ information needs is a tremendous technology challenge, only possible through exceptional engineering and design talent, the latest advances in machine learning, and partnership with EMR vendors. Wellsheet brings these together to deliver the first comprehensive workflow support system that learns and anticipates providers’ needs.
Given our SAAS-based business model, Customer Success is absolutely vital to our long-term profitability. As such, we need a talented intern to support our senior executives in driving success for our health system customers. This role includes responsibilities for Customer Success activities (e.g., on-boarding, support, services, adoption, advocacy, retention, etc.) and outcomes (e.g., renewals, up-sell, etc.). This role would be working directly with our executive team, reporting to our Chief Medical Officer, to drive growth and product adoption within our customer organizations. This is a paid position.
Contact: Please direct inquiries and application to Dr. Chuck Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello! My name is Andrea Miranda and I am a Recruiter at Kabbage. Our CTO, Jim Chou, received his MBA from Duke and is currently on the Board of Advisors for CEI. We are very familiar with the caliber of students that come from Duke and are looking forward to seeing the impact you will make at our company!
Kabbage, Inc. pioneered the first financial services data and technology platform to provide fully automated funding to small businesses in minutes http://bit.ly/KabbageInForbes. We’ve revolutionized the FinTech industry and are excited about expanding our product line in 2019. This summer we are looking to hire interns across all of our departments to help with these new initiatives.
About the Sprouts
Kabbage’s Brussels Sprouts Internship Program (BSIP) matches students with departments at Kabbage based on their skills, knowledge, and interests. This is a nine-week paid internship with positions available in Atlanta (HQ), New York, and San Francisco. Juniors and seniors in undergraduate programs, graduate/MBA, and postgraduate students are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via our careers page at http://bit.ly/KabbageBSIP. Under “How did you hear about this job?” type “Duke Intern Rodeo.” Deadline to apply is March 1, 2019. For more information about Kabbage, check out our website and culture video below.