Installing Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client on PCs running Windows 7
1. Download the Cisco Anyconnect VPN software from OIT’s site license software page. Open a web browser and navigate to http://software.duke.edu Click on the link “Search for Software.”
2. You will be redirected to the login page where you will be asked to login using your NetID.
3. After a successful login, you will be redirected to the software search page.
4. Type ““VPN Client” in the search box and click on the magnifying glass.
5. Click on the link for the VPN client in the results page.
6. Click the “Add to Cart” button for the Mac client.
7. Click the “Checkout” button on the left side of the screen.
8. Enter in your billing information — the software is free — and select “University” for the “Area at Duke” section. Then click “Continue to next step”.
9. Make sure the information is correct and click “Continue to next step”.
10. At the “Checkout complete” page, click on the link to “view your orders”.
11. Locate the appropriate order and click the “Download/License Information” button.
12. Download the software.
13. Locate the downloaded installer file.
14. On a Windows machine this will be a Zip file. Double click on the zip file and then choose the option to “Extract all files” at the top of the window. Follow the instructions to extract all of the files to a location of your choosing.
15. Close the Zip file window and navigate to the folder where you extracted the contents of the Zip file.
16. Double Click Setup.exe to launch the installation.
17. Uncheck all of the modules except for “AnyConnect VPN”.
18. Click the “Install Selected” button at the bottom, and then the “OK” button on the window that pops up.
19. When the install completes, restart your computer.
20. When you log back in, the AnyConnect client may start automatically and ask you for some information. If the “Ready to Connect:” field is empty, enter “portal.duke.edu” and hit the connect button.
22. Enter your NetID for the username, and your NetID password for the password and click the OK button.
23. If your information is correct and you are authorized to login to the VPN, you will get another pop up with policy information about using the VPN and you will have to click the Accept button.
26. When you are finished accessing Duke’s resources, you can click on the icon in your system tray and choose the option to Disconnect.