Attend the annual business/social meeting (usually held in May/June)!
Attend events held throughout the year.
Contribute to the organization through committees and service. Libraries Assembly governs and organizes a variety of committees and groups that LA members may be elected to serve on. Current active committees codified in the By-Laws include:
- The Executive Committee (President: Kim Duckett, 2019-2020)
- The Professional Affairs Committee (Chair: Haley Walton, 2018-2020)
- The Continuing Advancement and Promotion (CAP) Committee (Chairs: Rachel Ingold and Liz Milewicz, 2019-2020)
- By-Laws Committee (Chair: Kelly Wooten, 2019-2020)
- Membership Committee (Chair: Paula Jeannet, 2018-2020)
- Nominating Committee (Chair: Joel Herndon, 2019-2020)
Representatives and observers from the Libraries Assembly also attend the following Duke entities’ meetings:
- Libraries Council
- Arts and Sciences Council
- Academic Council
- Executive Committee of the Graduate Faculty
The LA Executive Committee may elect to create special committees and working groups and solicit engagement on these groups on an as needed basis to support the mission of LA. Any calls for engagement in special committees or groups will be sent through the LA listserv.
Have ideas for future LA initiatives, events, or partnerships? Share them with us!