- Attend the annual business/social meeting (usually held in May/June)
- Attend events held throughout the year
- Contribute to the organization through committees and service
- Recommend new initiatives, committees, and working groups!
LIBRARIES ASSEMBLY COMMITTEES
Libraries Assembly governs and organizes a variety of committees and groups that LA members may be elected to serve on. Current active committees codified in the By-Laws include:
- Executive Committee (President: Laura Williams, 2022-2023)
- Professional Affairs Committee (Chair: Roshan Panjwani, 2022-2024)
- Continuing Appointment and Promotion (CAP) Committee (Co-Chairs: Kate Collins and [Matthew] Farrell, 2022-2023)
- By-Laws Committee (Chair: Laura Scott, 2022-2023)
- Membership Committee (Chair: Candice Brown, 2022-2023)
- Nominating Committee (Chair: Laura Micham, 2022)
LIBRARIES ASSEMBLY OBSERVERS
Representatives and observers from the Libraries Assembly also attend the following Duke entities’ meetings, and report to the Libraries Assembly membership on the current activities of the committees and councils which impact the libraries:
- Library Council
- Arts and Sciences Council
- Academic Council
- Executive Committee of the Graduate Faculty
LIBRARIES ASSEMBLY SPECIAL COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS
The LA Executive Committee may elect to create special committees and working groups and solicit engagement on these groups on an as needed basis to support the mission of LA. Any calls for engagement in special committees or groups will be sent through the LA listserv.
Have ideas for future LA initiatives, events, or partnerships? Share them with us!