The Libraries Assembly (LA) is an organization for all library staff within Duke University Libraries (DUL).
It is the mission of the Libraries Assembly to:
- Promote excellence in library and information professions and participation in these professions at large
- Advocate for and promote the interests of library staff within the libraries and in university affairs
- Foster a collegial environment among the staff of the various libraries
- Make recommendations to the administrations of the libraries concerning matters of interest to the membership
- Welcome and mentor new members
Membership within the Libraries Assembly is open to all interested library staff within DUL, including staff in the professional library schools, part-time staff, and term appointment employees. The LA can offer you connections with co-workers, information about Duke and the libraries, advocacy partnerships, and continued professional development.
Staff in a Professional Librarian position as defined by Duke University are automatically added as members at time of hire; other staff may join anytime by completing the signup form below.
Please complete this form to join Libraries Assembly!
All official LA documentation is available on Sharepoint, library staff access only (NetID required).