The Libraries Assembly (LA) is an organization for all staff across the libraries at Duke University.
It is the mission of the Libraries Assembly to:
- Promote excellence in library and information professions and participation in these professions at large
- Advocate for and promote the interests of library staff within the libraries and in university affairs
- Foster a collegial environment among the staff of the various libraries
- Make recommendations to the administrations of the libraries concerning matters of interest to the membership
- Welcome and mentor new members
Membership within the Libraries Assembly is open to all interested library employees, including staff in the professional library schools, part-time staff, and term appointment employees. Membership is also open to any employees who are enrolled in an advanced MLS or MLIS program, or a graduate program in a related field such as archives or public history. The LA offers connections with co-workers, information about Duke and its libraries, advocacy partnerships, and ongoing professional development opportunities.
Staff in a Professional Librarian position as defined by Duke University are automatically added as members at time of hire; other staff may join anytime by completing the signup form below.
Please complete this form on the LA website to join Libraries Assembly!
All official LA documentation is available on Sharepoint, library staff access only (NetID required).