The recording of MOST of the June 16 Endpoint Management Meeting is now available (Duke NetID required):
Also available as video (MP4), audio (M4A), transcript (VTT), and chat (TXT) in the Endpoints Box Share.
Items of note:
- CVE-2022-30190 (“Folina”) patched as part of Patch Tuesday. Test now, patch soon.
- CVE-2022-30154 patch issue = non-issue
- macOS – macOS Big Sur 11.6.7, no CVEs
- Adobe – Animate, Bridge, Illustrator, InCopy, and RoboHelp Server updated. Anyone care?
- IE is dead! Long live IE!
- “The Internet Explorer 11 desktop application has retired and is out of support as of June 15, 2022, for certain versions of Windows 10.”
- Internet Explorer mode relies on Internet Explorer 11 to function. Microsoft Edge…uses the integrated Chromium engine for modern sites, and it uses the Trident MSHTML engine from Internet Explorer 11 for legacy sites.
- Support for IE mode follows the lifecycle of current and future Windows releases (including Windows 11) at least through 2029.
Configuration Manager: Update to 2203 went well.
Same stuff from last month…
Still working on MySQL/OS upgrade w/ DBAs
Cleanup, Demo day, Rogues…
- Apple WWDC
- macOS 14 Ventura
- Global block to be put in place
- Static groups in each Site to override: “DU – <SITE> – Exclude OS Block”
- HCL BigFix:
- Upgraded to BigFix 10.0.7 Beta last week
- Starting some cleanup
- EOL OS update…
- Other discussion…