Centrally managed for Windows-based computer configuration support, Configuration Manager provides remote control, patch management, software distribution, operating system deployment, network access protection and hardware and software inventory.
- Windows operating system installation/imaging including the latest Dell and Lenovo device drivers
- Build and deploy software applications and packages
- Remote access to client machines with no user interaction required
- Windows operating system patch management
- Provide users with a list of approved software that can be installed with no local admin access via Software Center
- Access to numerous pre-built reports.
To begin using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manger (ConfigMgr) please email email@example.com, and a Service Now ticket will be generated and routed to the Systems-CM12-OIT queue. A consultation will be scheduled to provide additional information regarding the on-boarding process.
After requesting access to ConfigMgr, AD security groups that control console access will be created and populated with your departmental security group for ease of management. Departments wishing to create their own software packages and/or OSDs will need to supply a distribution point. To access the ConfigMgr console please follow the steps in the link below.
Join the endpoints@duke mailing list to be alerted of service maintenance and outages, as well as other important information regarding configuration changes or required upgrades. In addition, the endpoints@duke mailing list can be used to ask questions of the ConfigMgr system administrators and the university endpoint management community.
For additional information, please visit the Endpoints@Duke Wiki and see Microsoft’s Endpoint Configuration Manager documentation.