Seek out these personal safety resources offered by Duke:
- Duke Police Safety Escorts: To request an escort:
(1). Call 919-684-2444;
(2). Pick up a nearby Help Phone (if on campus);
(3). Use the ‘Emergency Contact’ feature on LiveSafe.
- LiveSafe app
- SafeWalk feature “uses GPS technology and allows friends and family to ‘safe walk’ a user to his or her final destination by tracking the individual virtually on a map to ensure they arrive safely at their destination. App users must initiate a request or accept a request to safe walk a contact to enable the GPS tracking. Location services must be enabled for this service.”
- Use the ‘Emergency Contact’ feature to contact Duke Police directly for an escort.
- Add the Duke Police number to your phone (919-684-2444 – emergency dispatch)
- Review Duke Police safety tips and videos: https://police.duke.edu/outreach
- Ride Cell: duke.ridecell.com or dispatch 919-684-2020. Duke Vans provides free, on-demand van transportation from dusk to dawn (5:00pm – 6:45am) for Duke University students and employees when/where Duke Transit is not in service (so, after hours/late night/very early AM). Students can access through Duke Mobile app, as well. There are 6-8 drivers providing coverage for all of campus; average wait time is 8-10 minutes. (Note, drivers may not be able to drop you off at your door, so please travel with others, if possible).