To foster an active community of ethical and informed policy-makers.
The Sanford Student Council supports the endeavors of the Master of Public Policy (MPP) student body, ensures students’ needs and goals are heard, and promotes Terry Sanford’s legacy of doing the right thing in a difficult moment.
- Improve the Sanford student experience.
- Advocate for the needs of students.
- Facilitate dialogue between the student body, faculty, and administration.
- Improve standards of inclusion, diversity, and equity in Sanford.
- Encourage collaboration with all communities represented at the Sanford School and Duke at large.
- Promote the continued mental and physical well-being of students.
Our 2022-2023 Priorities
- Creating sustainable mental health resources.
- Building community between Sanford students administration and faculty.
- Advocating for a more dynamic and holistic curriculum.
- Improving student experience with Career Services.
- Advocating for improved Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice efforts from Sanford.
We have a number of ongoing initiatives at any given time related to these priorities. Please visit our Committees page to learn more.