L&OD focuses on developing, improving, and sustaining organizations and teams. Our experienced practitioners consult with you and assess your needs, and then research, design, deliver, and evaluate learning solutions. Our areas of expertise include strategic planning and implementation, organizational assessments, change management, competency development, team development, performance improvement, and retreat design and facilitation around organizational priorities.Strategic Planning & Implementation
Gain a deep appreciation for the components of strategic planning and implementation in order to achieve strategic results. Develop leaders’ knowledge, skills, and behaviors so you can effectively utilize key components of strategic planning to gain the best results:
– External Environment
– Strategic Intent
– Business Model
– Process Development
– Organization Design
– Workforce Talent
Understand and apply tools such as interviews, focus groups, surveys, and assessments to identify and address key issues and opportunities for improving your team, department, or organization.
Collaborate with teams and organizations to design, develop, and deliver a change management and leadership plan to respond to external or internal changes impacting the team or organization.
Partner with managers to identify required core competencies (knowledge, skills, and behaviors) for individuals to achieve business and organizational goals.
Partner with managers in their planning sessions for important upcoming meetings and when the stakes are high; we facilitate the session allowing you to fully participate.
Adapt open enrollment classes or create new workshops for teams, departments, or entities – optimizing the time teams are away from work.
Organization-wide concerns, as well as individual customer needs, brings significant responsibility. Partner with executives and leaders to ensure success no matter the goal.
Ask any athlete, and you will likely hear than an athletic coach brings out the best of them in support of the team goal. The same is true for a professional coach!
L&OD offers confidential, ongoing executive, leadership, and professional coaching services to meet the developmental and performance goals for leaders at Duke. Customized coaching packages offer a right-sized approach to helping leaders reach and exceed their goals. By leveraging the support and guidance of a coach, leaders transition from where they are to where they want to be.
Partner with managers and teams to achieve objectives and optimize results through designing, facilitation, and evaluating the retreat.
– Myers-Brigg Type Inventory (MBTI): Indicates psychological preferences in how people perceive the world around them and make decisions.
– Everything DiSC: Measures your Dominance(D), Influence(i), Steadiness(S), and Conscientiousness(C) so you will better understand your work style and how to build relationships that are more effective.
– Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation (FIRO-B): Explains human interactions based on three main interpersonal needs: affection, control, and inclusion.
– StrengthsFinder: Personal assessment that identifies a person’s dominant talent themes out of 34 distinct patterns.
– EQ-i and EQ 360: Reveals strengths and opportunities in five areas of emotional intelligence (self-perception, self-expression, interpersonal, decision-making, and stress management).
– Dimensions of Leadership 360: Focuses on the following areas of leadership effectiveness:
- Follow through and accountability
- Conflict and negotiation
- Stakeholder service
- Integrity and trust
- Decision making and problem solving
– Campbell Leadership Indicator: Provides feedback to an individual about personal characteristics that are directly related to the nature and demands of leadership.
– 5 Dynamics: Helps leaders measure healthy relationships among their employees by identifying the team’s strengths and work style preferences.
– High Performing Teams Assessment: Measures the team’s level of trust, ability to handle passionate debate, keep commitments, desire to hold one another accountable, and the team’s drive towards team results.
– Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI): Measures the individual’s conflict style in the workplace.
– VOICES 360: Provides a way to get 360 feedback from manager, peers, colleagues, and direct reports.
– Change Style Indicator: Measures an individual’s preferred way of approaching and addressing change.
– Influence Style Indicator: Measures an individual’s preferred influencing style.
– Decision Style Profile: Measures and individual’s decision-making style.
– Emerging Leadership 360 Profile: Measures the behaviors of high-potential leaders.
– Paper Plane Simulation: Addresses system thinking and decision-making of groups.
– Paper Scrapers Simulation: Explores individual and team approaches to project development, design, and implementation.
– Discovery Leadership 360 Profile: Provides insight into an individual’s leadership strengths and challenges from the perspective of their peers, manager, direct reports, and others.