Will’s study is now available at BioRxiv: http://AIM2 inflammasome activation in astrocytes occurs during the late phase of EAE
- Will (Barclay) defended his dissertation for his PhD. Congrats, Dr. Barclay! (October, 2021)
- New review article “Emerging roles of Dectin-1 in non-infectious settings and in the CNS” by Elizabeth is available now in Trends in Immunology. https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1dhSs5Eb0RmKzp
- A review article “Targeting Inflammasomes to Treat Neurological Diseases” with Dr. Comabella’s group in Barcelona has been published (July 2021):https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ana.26158
- We welcomed a new postdoc, Dr. Ban-yu Saitoh in the lab (June 2021)
- Our lab undergrad/post-bac trainee, Emre, is starting his MD-PhD training at Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan Kettering Tri-Institutional MSTP Program 🏥
- Our lab undergrad, Nathan, is coming back to Duke as an MD student. (Welcome back!)
- Fungal infections and Alzheimer’s Disease? Let’s talk about it! Dr. Shinohara presents her talk on CNS fungal infections at Duke/UNC ADRC 2021 Symposium/Infection and Inflammation on 5/27/2021. https://sites.duke.edu/alzcollaborative/symposium2021/
- A new paper came out about the neutrophil heterogeneity in the lung of mice infected with Cryptococcus neoformans. (May 2021). Single-Cell Transcriptional Heterogeneity of Neutrophils During Acute Pulmonary Cryptococcus neoformans Infection. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2021.670574/full
- Elizabeth defended her PhD dissertation on 3/30/2021. Congratulations, Dr. Deerhake!
- Elizabeth’s paper is published in Immunity (February 2021)
Dectin-1 limits autoimmune neuroinflammation and promotes myeloid cell-astrocyte crosstalk via Card9-independent expression of Oncostatin M
👇 Here is a 12-min presentation what’s in the study by Elizabeth.
- Cryptococcus IRIS paper with Dr. Makoto Inoue lab is out in Frontiers: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2020.529219/full
- Shengjie’s paper is published in Science Immunology. (August 2020) Functional heterogeneity of alveolar macrophage population based on expression of CXCL2. https://immunology.sciencemag.org/content/5/50/eaba7350