The Pryer lab made its presence felt at this year’s Botany conference, held in Savannah, GA. Below are a list of the talks presented by current and former members of the lab:
- A case of mistaken identity revealed as a new species of Cheilanthes s.s.(Pteridaceae).
Sosa, Karla; Windham, Michael D.; Huiet, Layne; Yatskievych, George A.; Pryer, Kathleen.
- A small new genus uniting surprisingly disparate cheilanthoid ferns (Pteridaceae).
Pryer, Kathleen; Windham, Michael D.; Huiet, Layne; Rothfels, Carl.
- Toward a community-derived classification for lycopods and ferns.
Schuettpelz, Eric; Schneider, Harald.
- Next-generation polyploid phylogenetics: Low-cost, high-throughput resolution of hybrid polyploid complexes using PacBio and PURC.
Rothfels, Carl; Pryer, Kathleen; Li, Fay-Wei.
- Consistently inconsistent: Transcriptome data reveal widespread molecular evolutionary rate asymmetry in ferns.
Grusz, Amanda; Schuettpelz, Eric.
- Phase-Specific Gene Expression in the Homosporous Fern Polypodium amorphum.
Sigel, Erin; Schuettpelz, Eric; Der, Joshua.
- Insider trading: Understanding nutrient exchange in the Azolla-Nostoc symbiosis.
Eily, Ariana; Li, Fay-Wei; Gile, Gillian; Pryer, Kathleen.
- Fern genomes on the horizon.
The Fern Bus continues to push the frontiers of fern knowledge forward!