CLAC courses focus on real-world applications of learning. The following are examples of recent course projects.
- CLAC in ACTION! A piece by Duke News on how Professor Dubois transformed his Soccer Politics course through CLAC
- Public service announcements. Teams meet with local partners or Skype with global partners to develop PSAs that reflect community health needs. PSAs are shared at community poster sessions.
- Blog about Soccer Politics in 5 languages.
- Pedagogical web site based on doctor-patient interviews in Chinese.
- Curated exhibit at the Durham History Hub on refugee resettlement in Durham.
- A bilingual “arrival and survival” guide for new arrivals to Durham.
- Digital literacy project for local Francophone refugees. Students teach basic computer literacy to refugee adult learners. Loaner computers are provided by Duke.
- Duke Community Farm Mural. Students in ENVR 201 and CLAC sections in French, Mandarin, and Spanish completed this mural together, to be displayed at the Central Campus farm