Note: Please visit my new website at www.xy-wang.com. This website is no longer being maintained. I can be reached at xiaoyu [at] crifoundation [dot] org.
- Spousal Disagreement in Reporting of Intimate Partner Violence in Kenya (with Johannes Haushofer, Charlotte Ringdal, and Jeremy Shapiro), American Economic Review Papers & Proceedings 110 (2020), 620-624
xxxxxCoverage: VoxDev Feb. 9, 2019
- The Limits of Meritocracy: Screening Bureaucrats Under Imperfect Verifiability (with Juan Carlos Suarez Serrato and Shuang Zhang), (previously circulated as “The One Child Policy and Promotion of Mayors in China”), Journal of Development Economics 140 (2019), 223-241
xxxxxCoverage: The Economist Mar. 26, 2016
- Policymaking and the Adaptability of Informal Institutions, World Bank Economic Review 29 (2015), 174-181
- A Signal to End Child Marriage: Theory and Experimental Evidence from Bangladesh (with Nina Buchmann, Erica Field, Rachel Glennerster, and Shahana Nazneen), NBER Working Paper no. 29052 – revise & resubmit, American Economic Review
- Risk Sorting, Portfolio Choice, and Endogenous Informal Insurance (previously circulated as “Endogenous Insurance and Informal Relationships”), NBER Working Paper no. 20429
- Income Changes and Domestic Violence: Theory and Evidence from Unconditional Cash Transfers in Kenya (with Johannes Haushofer, Charlotte Ringdal, and Jeremy Shapiro), NBER Working Paper no. 25627
- Risk, Incentives, and Contracting Relationships, 2013
- A Note on Moral Hazard and Linear Compensation Schemes, 2013
- Interdependent Utility and Truth-Telling in Two-Sided Matching, 2013
Work in Progresss
- Parenthood and Labor Market Outcomes in Indonesia (with Jeremy Lebow, Duncan Thomas, and Daniel Yi Xu)
- Combating Committee Bias: Theory and Evidence for Representation and Contract Design (with Arun G. Chandrasekhar)
All photographs my own.