Summer Research Fellows Program
The Regeneration Next Initiative (RNI) was established by the Duke University School of Medicine to enhance discovery and applications in the broad field of tissue regeneration. RNI is pleased to announce a new 10-week summer research program designed to give undergraduate students hands-on experience in graduate level biomedical research in the area of tissue regeneration. We welcome applicants who are seriously considering joining a graduate program after completing their undergraduate degree.
Regeneration Next Summer Fellows will be selected through a competitive process and matched with a faculty mentor in tissue regeneration/ tissue engineering. The RNI Summer Research program will operate simultaneously with Duke’s Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP).
RNI Summer Fellows will participate in professional development and community gatherings organized by SROP. This will maximize the RNI Fellows’ research experience and networking opportunities. RNI Fellows will be able to attend seminars, participate in professional development workshops, and present their work at the end of their training.
Students will receive shared on-campus apartment accommodation, travel assistance, and a competitive stipend of $4,000.
Application period has closed.
Apply for the Regeneration Next Summer Undergraduate Research Program.
Deadline Feb 8, 2019 – Full applications due from trainee
May 28, 2019 – Program begins
Aug 3, 2019 – Program ends.
To be eligible, students must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program in the United States at the time of application. We welcome international students but students must already have a valid student visa.
The application and supporting materials must be received by 5pm, February 8 2019. Before starting your application please have the following ready (You will not be able to save an incomplete application and continue at a later time; we suggest that you write your essay responses in Microsoft Word or another word processing program)
(1) Essay answers to the following:
- – Why are you interested in participating in the RNI Summer Research Fellows program? How would participating in the program align with your career goals? Limit your response to 600 words or less.
- – Describe any past research experiences. Include the institution where you conducted the research, the context (research lab or through coursework), your research mentor’s name, and a brief description of the project. Also, state the skills that you learned during the experience and how the skills have helped you to grow as a scholar and researcher. Please limit your response to 600 words or less.
- – Please describe your current research interest(s). If there are particular departments or faculty at Duke that you are interested in, please state that here. Please limit your response to 400 words or less.
(2) A transcript (pdf) (If you have multiple transcripts, you must compile them into one pdf document)
(3) An optional resume/CV (pdf)