April 2-5, 2019
Information overload is changing all areas of medicine, including medical education and clinical practice. Now, more than ever, it is critical for medical educators and clinicians to be prepared for the challenge of teaching and practicing Evidence-Based Medicine. For this reason, we invite you to attend an innovative 4-day workshop designed to help clinical leaders and educators enhance their EBM skills. The workshop, held at Duke Health, Durham, NC, will take you out of your normal routine to meet with peers, expert faculty, and EBM mentors in a supportive learning atmosphere that will promote mutual professional growth. During this workshop, you will become better equipped to deal with the changing needs and realities of clinical practice and medical education in EBM. Workshop objectives include:
- Train leaders in medicine to facilitate evidence-based clinical practice in their teaching and practice settings.
- Practice the skills involved in evidence-based medicine including clinical question formation and acquisition of medical evidence from the literature.
- Review and develop critical appraisal skills and application of available evidence to patient care and medical education.
- Provide interactive experience with a variety of evidence-based resources guided by librarians with expertise in evidence-based practice.
Please take a minute to review the details of this conference. No matter where you are on your career path, you’ll be able to reach your professional goals faster with the help of peers and mentors who will gather in Durham for this exciting workshop.
Tuition for the Workshop:
- Duke Faculty or Staff $1780
- Any Chief Resident $1780
- Other Non-Duke $1980
- Physicians: The Duke University Health System Department of Clinical Education and Professional Development designates this educational activity for a maximum of 33.50 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Librarians: This course is approved by the Medical Library Association for 32.5 CE contact hours.
We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to hone your EBM skills.