Duke PCM is an open-minded, open-hearted, Christ-centered undergraduate community of Christians in the Reformed traditions of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and the United Church of Christ. We welcome you to join us as together we make a spiritual home where we can care for and enjoy one another, Duke, Durham and the world.
Duke PCM Mission Statement
The Presbyterian Campus Ministries at Duke, Inc. is supported by 10 local PCUSA churches, one local UCC congregation, New Hope Presbytery and the Synod of the Mid-Atlantic. Our mission is to bear witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the reformed tradition of the PCUSA and UCC denominations.
- To fulfill this mission we are called to:
- Love God with all our hearts, souls, minds, strength;
- Invite students to lives of deeper discipleship in Jesus Christ;
- Gather students together for fellowship, worship, study, reflection, service and fun;
- Provide pastoral care for students, faculty and staff at Duke University;
- Foster leadership and talent for the Church and the world; and
- Engage students in ministries of service to the Church, Durham and the world
Presbyterians are rooted in the Reformed tradition and engage scripture and the wisdom and scholarship of theologians from the Reformation onward to better understand the Triune God revealed specifically in Jesus Christ. But we profess to be reformed and always being reformed according to the Word of God, meaning that our understanding of God and self is a never-ending pursuit. We welcome your questions as we together seek to live in deeper relationship with God.