In February we wrote about the Insta360 Nano 360, a then-new-on-the-scenes 360 camera that solved usability challenges many devices in this space were suffering from. Today Insta360 announced the hotly-anticipated release of the successor to the Nano360, the Insta360 ONE.
At about $300.00, it maintains a low price point ($100.00 more than the Nano360), but adds some dazzling new features, such as those listed below. However, perhaps the most interesting thing about this camera is that, in the words of The Verge, this camera “help[s] solve the problem of when, where, and how we should use 360 cameras.”
- Freecapture: the ability to edit and export 1080p videos from your 360 footage that includes:
- Bullet Time, via either an optional selfie stick or an included string
- Auto tracking of a subject you identify in the video
- Live streaming to YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- The selfie stick disappears in your footage
- 6-axis gyroscopic stabilization
- Retractable lightning port plugs into your iPhone (Android version of the camera is in the works)
- Rubber stand you can use as a base for shooting and for protecting the lens when storing
- 24 megapixel stills, with the ability to capture in RAW format
- An array of accessories available for purchase separately, including mounts for drones and helmets, underwater housing, a suction cup base, the selfie stick, which also is a bluetooth remote, and a tripod.
Watch Insta360’s promo video for the ONE here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrOmKKSRu8c
For more details about the ONE, check out this helpful review on Engadget: https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/28/insta360-one-4k-360-camera/#/
Also, here’s a cool advance video review of the ONE by a guy who clearly loves the invisible selfie stick feature! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fc1ilgKWwk
If any of you get the ONE, please let us know how it works out for you!