- Class Meeting: Wednesday & Friday, 10:15-11:30 AM ET
- Instructor: Kristin Stephens-Martinez
- Course Forum: Ed Discussion (accessible via Sakai)
- Course Grading: Gradescope (accessible via Sakai)
- Class General Resources Box Folder
Computing education research (CER) is the study of how people learn and teach computing. This course will cover a basic understanding of what CER is, the current topics in the field, and CER methodologies. We will do this by reading an overview of CER, prominent works, and current research papers. In addition, the class will have CER projects mainly focused on data analysis.
Prereq: CompSci 201
Strongly Recommended Prereq: CompSci216 or a statistics course(s).
Our primary text is The Cambridge handbook of computing education research that is freely accessible online through the Duke Library.