- Prepare (due Monday 11/27)
- Content below
- Canvas quizzes
- Peer Instructions – See on the class forum
- Homework (due Sunday 12/3) [Link]
- There are no worked examples
10 Deep Learning
- Neural Networks and Applications (16 min.)
- Forward Propagation (10 min.)
- Gradient Descent (14 min.)
- Back Propagation (11 min.)
- Convolutional Neural Network (15 min.)
- Introducing Pytorch (23 min.)
Unlike most other libraries for this course, Pytorch is not included in the basic Anaconda installation. To use Pytorch, we suggest you choose one of two options.
- Install Pytorch locally (for free). You can see the directions on the website: Select the stable build, your operating system, Conda (for Anaconda), Python, and CPU to see install directions for your particular setup. (CUDA is used to support hardware acceleration with NVIDIA graphics cards and is not necessary for this course).
- Use Pytorch in a Jupyter notebook in the cloud (also for free). The easiest way to do this if you have a Google account is with a Google colab notebook; Pytorch will already be available to you in this cloud environment.
The deep learning book is available free online and is authored by some of the leading experts in machine learning with deep artificial neural networks. It is very detailed and in-depth and is purely for those who are interested in learning more about deep learning theory now or in the future; you do not need to read the book for this course.