- Prepare (soft due Th 9/16, hard due M 9/27)
- Content below
- Sakai quizzes
- Group Worksheet (soft due F 9/17, hard due M 9/27)
- Practice (due M 9/27)
- Perform (due M 10/11)
3B.A – Confidence Intervals and Bootstrapping
3B.B – Hypothesis Testing
You can access an excellent free online textbook on OpenIntro Statistics here, co-authored by Duke faculty. You can pay a suggested but adjustable price for a tablet-friendly pdf, but you can also just get the regular pdf for free. For Module 3B, the following optional readings may be particularly helpful supplements:
- Chapter 5.2 Confidence intervals for a proportion. This provides introductory material on confidence intervals elaborating on 3B.A.1.
- Chapter 5.3 Hypothesis testing for a proportion. This elaborates on the introduction to hypothesis testing from 3B.B.1.
- Chapters 7.1, 7.3, and 7.5 cover material from 3B.B.2 on using t-tests for a single mean, the difference of two means, and many pairwise means respectively.
- Chapter 6.3 discusses the chi-square test for categorical data introduced in 3B.B.2.
In addition, here is the documentation for the scipy.stats library that implements most of the functionality described here as well as many other useful statistical functions.