Please join Duke Postdoctoral Services and The Graduate School for a series of short, focused career conversations with former Duke postdocs and PhD students.
We will ask each Alum 5 questions:
- Could you tell us about your background?
- How did you get your job?
- What’s a typical day like at your organization?
- What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
- What is the employment outlook for this field?
Thurs Feb 2, 1 pm
WHAT: Alum Zoom: Five Career Questions with Marc Frahm, PhD, Managing Director for Health Care-Biotechnology at Cowen and Company
On Feb 2, we’ll feature Marc Frahm, PhD ’12 (Molecular Genetics and Microbiology), Managing Director for Health Care-Biotechnology at Cowen and Company. Marc will share his pathway into working in an investment bank as a STEM PhD and describe ways that other PhDs can leverage their STEM training in the finance world.
Watch on the Duke Postdoctoral Services YouTube Channel
Weds Feb 22, 11 am
WHAT: Alum Zoom with Carlos Goller, PhD, Associate Teaching Professor of the Biotechnology Program, NC State University
On Feb 22 we are excited to welcome back Duke Postdoc alum Dr Carlos Goller, Teaching Professor at NC State University, who will discuss a Teaching Postdoctoral Scholar position currently open in the NCSU Biotechnology Program.
Carlos Goller, PhD, is Associate Teaching Professor in the Biotechnology Program at North Carolina State University. His research interests include molecular microbiology, metagenomics, epidemiology, history of diseases, science education, and open educational practices. He was a Duke postdoc in Pediatrics-Infectious Diseases.
1. Could you tell us about your background?
2. Could you tell us about your institution, your responsibilities, and how a teaching professor role differs from a traditional faculty role?
3. Can you discuss the current job opening for Teaching Postdoctoral Scholar, and any specific experience, credentials, or qualifications (eg, online teaching experience) that you are seeking for this position?