Home » Uncategorized
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The Human-Computer Interaction Lab @ Notre Dame is looking to hire multiple undergraduate students for an exciting 10-week summer research experience. The students will work closely with Prof. Ron Metoyer and graduate students on multiple projects including:
- Exploration of the use of information visualization techniques to mitigate cognitive biases in complex decision-making situations,
- The design of human-centered visualization tools for software engineering, and
- Studying recommender systems in the context of social services access.
This is a unique opportunity to learn techniques in the areas of human-computer interaction and information visualization and to gain exposure to scholarly research skills such as:
- synthesizing related work,
- developing research questions,
- qualitative data collection and analysis, and
- presenting research results in papers, posters, and oral presentations.
The lab is looking for students with a broad range of skills and the desire to learn about HCI and Infovis while having a great time on their beautiful campus in South Bend, Indiana. The ideal candidate will have experience and/or interest in:
- design thinking
- qualitative data collection and analysis,
- possess excellent communication skills.
Women, persons with disabilities, and underrepresented minority groups— Black or African Americans, Hispanics, and American Indians or Alaska Natives—are strongly encouraged to apply.
The student will receive a stipend of $5000, free on-campus housing, an on-campus meal allowance of $100/week, and up to $600 for travel to and from Notre Dame. Program dates are May 18-July 25, 2020. The student must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Interested students must submit an application at: https://forms.gle/8cWRCdipfj5LREwu5
Application deadline: February 24, 2020 for full consideration (applications may be considered after this date until all students are selected).
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Metoyer at email@example.com.