Abstract for Final Paper

Abstract for Final Paper

My project will consist of two different components. The first part will be a creative eco-fiction chapter which will incorporate the cause and effects of environmental change on the health of the people. The story will not be complete because it will only contain the first chapter of the plot, however it will be styled like a short story. The chapter will contain character development and the beginning of the plot. This will highlight some of the environmental problems that we have today by exacerbate them to conform a more thrilling eco-fiction novel.

The second part will be research based. I will look at different locations around the United States and World to draw conclusions to see if there is a correlation between economic stability or change and how it effects the populations health. What motivated me to look at these statistics and surroundings was the talk that our class had with Catherine Flowers. I was also interested because this could be a potential research project that I could illustrate in Medical School. To my knowledge it is not common that doctors actively look at the natural environment around their patients to come up with a diagnosis.